NEW!...Moto Suspension A-arm Bushings

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
Happyboy

#11 Post by Happyboy »

I sent them photos after they told me i was crazy. sigh

JohnnyBQuick

#12 Post by JohnnyBQuick »

As in real photos, not email? Don't have them now?

Happyboy

#13 Post by Happyboy »

No, I don't know what i did with them. I'll post some up later though, I will have to take the arms off and take a few shots.

kdeal

#14 Post by kdeal »

Sean, I will go in halves with you. I have a set of plus 1's I just had PC'd I have them off the bike and I do have some of the old bushings....

JohnnyBQuick

#15 Post by JohnnyBQuick »

You want me to take a look at it?
What arms do these fit?
Are there many of them out there?

JohnnyBQuick

#16 Post by JohnnyBQuick »

Back to the thread at hand....
Here are a couple photos of the Moto control arm end and what came out of it.
This is the stuff you'll take out and replace with a polyurethane bushing.

cannondale27

#17 Post by cannondale27 »

Those little spiral clips were invented by the Devil!Hey did Boomer talk to you about O-ringing these?Will last forever if done right.

JohnnyBQuick

#18 Post by JohnnyBQuick »

O-ringing these

What do you mean??

MX Quad Dad

#19 Post by MX Quad Dad »

I didn't have to much of a problem with the spiral clips. But on my Moto, even with the spacer under the grease fitting the bottom of the zerk still hit the bearing. this would pull the tube away from the bearing and the grease would come out around the outside of the bearing and not thru the bearing where it is needed. some were even off center enough that they would close off the bottom of the zerk so it wouldn't take any grease. a little work with a dremel, small ball peen hammer and scaping out a few grease zerks. I seem to have fixed the problem. I greased every bearing before putting the seals in so I could visually make sure the grease is getting to where its needed.

But, I'm with you guy's, if mine wear out agian (which they will) I would be lookig for an alternative like this

cannondale27

#20 Post by cannondale27 »

If you add a o-ring between the bushing flange and the T-bushing flange it seals off any water that could possibly get in.I sent him the groover for cutting the o-ring groove in.It easy.Corrosion is the killer even with poly bushings.I have done a few sets of the stock bushings and after a year the inner bushing still looks brandnew and full of grease.Without o-ring they are corroded and sometimes siezed well before that.

[attachment=9640:Bushings_001.jpg]