Upgraded Swingarm Needle Bearings

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
NRath

#11 Post by NRath »

QUOTE (2000ex @ Jan 4 2010, 09:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
that way you can ditch the thrust bearings as well

I don't really think that'll work in our favor- something will wear. I assume that would make it the inside of the swingarm where the thrust washers currently rest against. A swinger pivot sees some crazy off axis loading and the thrust bearings take it. The disposable plastic thrust bearings like AllBalls uses are a decent way to go and would probably last longer than the bearings, but wouldn't be quite as smooth. Kind of a toss up with that one.

claas900

#12 Post by claas900 »

Years ago Winky made up the one piece inner sleeve. I might have a used one laying around.

2000ex

#13 Post by 2000ex »

QUOTE (NRath @ Feb 11 2010, 12:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't really think that'll work in our favor- something will wear. I assume that would make it the inside of the swingarm where the thrust washers currently rest against. A swinger pivot sees some crazy off axis loading and the thrust bearings take it. The disposable plastic thrust bearings like AllBalls uses are a decent way to go and would probably last longer than the bearings, but wouldn't be quite as smooth. Kind of a toss up with that one.

I am telling you this setup outlasted the stock setup by 2-3 times the service life. In fact Honda has none of the cobbled mess we need to deal with. They just have the needle bearings with a bushing with some dust seals. Not sure about the others because I have never seen them disassembled but they work just fine.

cannondale27

#14 Post by cannondale27 »

DS 650 just has bronze bushings. Lasts forever.

MX Quad Dad

#15 Post by MX Quad Dad »

Anybody ever find one piece sleeve to work with this bearing? even if I have to used a nylon thrust washer. My riding hours are real low lately so I might even consider the bronze bushing like 27 said. anybody know the the demensions for a one piece flanged bronze bushing?