Oversized Reservoirs

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
2000ex

#1 Post by 2000ex »

I have been playing around with some suspension setups over the past few months and found that you can purchase FOX reservoirs pretty cheap for their truck shocks. I had always had problems with my rear PEP's fading at the end of the race and figured these would be the ticket combined with a FOX 8 click compression adjuster. I managed to pick up some junk shocks with these 8 click adjusters on them and mated them to my front PEP's along with the 8 inch long reservoir and a set of billet clamps I picked up on ebay.

Here is a crappy pic from my phone, of my practice bike but the compression adjusters on these vs the old style showa clickers is NIGHT AND DAY difference and you can actually feel the difference click by click.

[attachment=9971:PEPS.jpg]

Now I just need to order a few more so I can do the same to my rear shocks. I think the total tab for these was about $125 for the junk shocks, reserviors and clamps. That is a heck of a lot less than what I am sure PEP would want to convert over to a remote piggyback and their "big bottle" reservoirs.

jesshamner

#2 Post by jesshamner »

Good idea. Looks good too. Nice and shiny. I assume there are no clearance issues with the upper a arm at full compression.