Brakes

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
speedracer

#1 Post by speedracer »

Any tips for bleeding brakes? I did a search and tried the zip-tied lever method, didn't work. The lines were completely dry. I guess the pump the lever and crack the bleeder is my best option? Thanks wacko.gif

gml1998

#2 Post by gml1998 »

QUOTE (speedracer @ Mar 4 2010, 05:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Any tips for bleeding brakes? I did a search and tried the zip-tied lever method, didn't work. The lines were completely dry. I guess the pump the lever and crack the bleeder is my best option? Thanks wacko.gif

I used a syringe and sucked fluid and air from each bleeder screw, a hand held vacuum pump would probably work too.

speedracer

#3 Post by speedracer »

Thats a great idea,thanks Gary.

ozarkdaler

#4 Post by ozarkdaler »

take a syringe and push the fluid from the calpers up to the brake rez. Make sure to leave the lid off. Pump the handle. You should see air bubble coming up when you are pushing the fluid up.

ozarkdaler

#5 Post by ozarkdaler »

BTW Dave you going to the SX this year? We have tickets and we are staying up there for the wknd.

67z400

#6 Post by 67z400 »

I have dual lines up front and it was not fun bleeding my brakes. I tried about every combination of brake bleeding that I found on this site with not much success.

The process that worked for me was start first with farthest opening. Crack open line, squeeze lever several times, add fluid as necessary (don't let it run dry inside the master cylinder), keep lever pulled in when you close the line back up. Repeat until pressure builds. Then move the next farthest line opening. Good luck.

speedracer

#7 Post by speedracer »

QUOTE (ozarkdaler @ Mar 4 2010, 08:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
BTW Dave you going to the SX this year? We have tickets and we are staying up there for the wknd.

Im still on the fence,its sure has been an exciting series so far.I hope to go.