Stock Ohlins on a Speed

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
marshall100

#1 Post by marshall100 »

At my last race I couldn't help but admire the other riders as they flowed round the bumpy track with consumate ease.

Meanwhile, the front end of my dale was having a fit as it bucked around like a wild bull. I've got stock ohlins on the front and I need some help in finding the best way in $'s or ??'s in improving the ride.

All help hugely appreciated. I've waded through countless pages trying to find a definative answer but it seems quite hard to come by.... huh.gif

cannondale27

#2 Post by cannondale27 »

Do you have a Moto front end? If so maybe they need a rebuild or just adjusted correctly. Otherwise the stock regular Ohlins are over sprung and under valved. Revalve and adding rezzies helps alot but for the $ it costs its a better bet to get aftermarket shocks. Before you do though you need to decide if your going to keep stock a-arms since it would be a waste of $ to invest in aftemarket stock length shocks and then decide later to go with wider a-arms and long travel shocks which is the best for MX. My advice. Save for a complete front end setup. Its worth it.

marshall100

#3 Post by marshall100 »

Cheers for the input, I did think about pm'ing you direct but thought that might be a bit forward to start harrassing you about shocks.

I must admit, I do more mx than I like to, but at heart I prefer an enduro/hare and hounds setup. Something I guess the speed as it is, is better out of the box for? The Ohlins I have are the ones that have pretty much zero adjustment. It's trying to find the best compromise between mx and enduro, without going all the way over to an mx setup.