ltz400 arms on a dale

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
themadhatter

#1 Post by themadhatter »

Hi all,

Ok so ive got a friend that thinks he knows everythying and i think we all have at least one of these so you know what im talking about.

well he has been telling me that a suzuki ltz400 a-arms (after-market obviously) fit directly onto a cannondale, now normally i would just tell him to shut up but it was what he said that made me think?

he said that the ltz400 arms fit onto his 400ex he had to trim down one shim apparently and that was it.
we know that 400ex arms fit the dale, maybe not perfect geometry but they fit.
so if ltz400 arms fit a 400ex and the 400ex arms fit a cannondale, maybe, just maybe the ltz400 arms fit a dale???

anyone had any experience of this or care to give opinions?.

MX Quad Dad

#2 Post by MX Quad Dad »

I have not or heard of anyone trying the ltz arms.

you did mention the most important issue tho. geomentry I myself would say that the canondale doesn't have perfect geomitry, but rider preferance plays a big roll in perfect.

Some measurement other than just bolt up are the distance between the upper and lower mounts where the arms mount to the frame also if you plan to use the dale spindles the location where the balljoint are after the arms are mounted affects caster and camber (you have probubly read on this site that the honda arms don't work well with the dale spindels). My son prefered more caster and camber than the Moto had and I think he would like even more than I was able to get with a few mods to the factory arms