Balljoints to end all balljoints?

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
cannondale27

#1 Post by cannondale27 »

This is my last attempt at making stock a-arms work. 2nd day of double header harescramble I thought I was really pathetically weak in the arms and hands steering was so stiff I almost quit. Deep dirty water did them in. Next step is ditching and going +1" longtravel may do it anyway depending on cost. I stopped in by Jansen Racing and had discussion with owner. Turns out he carries a 3/4in, Cannondale taper, rebuildable, balljoint. So I got them expecting to pay $100 each. They were $60 and he threw in a wrench and two rebuild kits. Thanks Joel! For the top I added a grease zerk to Canniboomers joints. If you do this be careful since over greasing will blow the boot off joint. One also takes alot of pressure to get grease in. I forgot what a easy steering quad is like. Suspension is now eating up small bumps. I feel like HeMan! Hope it lasts. Obviously this is not a bolt in procedure. Alot of work but can be done entirely with arms on quad.

[attachment=10709:Jansen_B...ints_001.jpg]
[attachment=10710:Jansen_B...ints_003.jpg]
[attachment=10711:Jansen_B...ints_004.jpg]

cannondale27

#2 Post by cannondale27 »

I forgot Jansen also carries an aluminum version of this joint. Same price. If you have Honda adapters already just get 'em online. He doesn't have Cannondale listed but I know he has them, so call. Is a nice pic of them taken apart. Looks like race was updated though since mine are black material:
http://www.janssenmotorsports.com/product_...bd3cd324989c22e

peterock

#3 Post by peterock »

Yup, agreed. Very nice ball joints. Have the Cannondale tapper ones going on my a-arms. Actually have had them for several months. Just no time to put them on.

NRath

#4 Post by NRath »

Those look great. How much did it change the width? Not that change is bad.

cannondale27

#5 Post by cannondale27 »

No change since I used two jam nuts. I plan to buy a helicoil and thread the stock arms so I only need 1 jam nut. Will just use upper joint for camber adjustment. Then can gain at least 1/2" or more. Those Helicoils are expensive though.

WhiteZee

#6 Post by WhiteZee »

I hope you didn't thread your a arm....you would have to pop the ball joint[indent][/indent] out of the spindle every time you adjust camber which is a pain in the ***.

Edit: opps didnt realize you were talking about the lower arm