CCP Stabilizer

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
jesshamner

#1 Post by jesshamner »

Has any one tried the CCP stabilizer? I have been hearing a little buzz about them with a few mixed reviews. I have never run a stabilizer but considering it. Are the rotary stabilizers mostly the same but with different mounts?

2000ex

#2 Post by 2000ex »

Jess, I have several of them. I picked them up for 80 each back when he started making them. Mine are for a 450r but I fabricated new mounts for them to fit. They are worlds better than a stick but not as good as a precision in terms of adjustability.

Z4J

#3 Post by Z4J »

Yep. I have one on my 400EX. No complaints. Nothing close to the Precision or old Elka though. Perfect for hard trails, but racing I'd you with Precision.
2000ex. Any interest in fabricating and sell a mount?

jesshamner

#4 Post by jesshamner »

It turns out that my buddy Zeb has one on his 400 ex. He loves it. I have heard that they don't offer much adjustment or that they are really touchy. I realize that precision has lots of adjustment. I was able to play with one at the dealer show a couple years ago and is by far the best out there IMHO, but I just can't justify the price. I'll probably set it and forget it anyway.

jesshamner

#5 Post by jesshamner »

Wes, do you have a pic of the mount that you made?

2000ex

#6 Post by 2000ex »

I did not make the mount, I modified the ones that came with it. Although now he makes mounts for other bikes that are more like ours. Let me look at a few of them on ebay and see which would work the best. We could send him a measurement for the bottom clamp from our frame rails and have him make one.