YFZ shocks

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
MX Quad Dad

#1 Post by MX Quad Dad »

went on vacation and brought back a pickup load of cannondale parts. lots of junk but somme good stuff. anyway there was a set of front shocks in the mix, he said they were off a 450 yamie and he had them on the dale and they worked good. anybody tried them? can they be made to work well?

cannondale27

#2 Post by cannondale27 »

Frame will hit the ground with them if you bottom it at all.

jesshamner

#3 Post by jesshamner »

I tried them one time because I stuck between a rock and a hard place before a race. I tested them in an open field and they were way too low like 27 says and they were stiffer than he!!.

MX Quad Dad

#4 Post by MX Quad Dad »

Thanks

I guess I'll stick with the speed ohlin's for now. I do need to figure out what was done to the rear one in the package. it still has the olin's sticker on it but the springs are differant. the large spring has a hyperco sticker on it.

Also the a-arms are different from my speed. Did canondale make something different than what came on the 02 speed? Ball joints look the same but the arms look totally diferent.

jesshamner

#5 Post by jesshamner »

There are 2 styles of a arms. Is that what you are talking about with the a arms? There is a style that is curved around to the balljoint and then there is an angular style that literally looks like the letter A.

MX Quad Dad

#6 Post by MX Quad Dad »

Yeah, thats what I ment.

On my speed it almost looks like they welded a tierod end to the tubing These others look like they might be a little longer.