Rear strut or shock?

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
cannondalemaine

#1 Post by cannondalemaine »

Ok here's the thing, I drag race 300ft drags it's more like a soft gravel not as soft as sand but paddles usually run the best. I am on a weight shaving spree, I am almost finished but what should I do for rear suspension? I was running a lowered fox shock but was thinking a strut for the 6-7 lb weight saving. What's your guys' opinion? I know they make Marvins but running low on cash after buying another engine. Thanks guys

jinx44

#2 Post by jinx44 »

Unless its asphalt or nice, well prepped dirt, I would run a shock.

cannondalemaine

#3 Post by cannondalemaine »

Don't do asphalt just dirt, they use a drag about every 6-7 races down the track so it's fairly nice. I guess I'll search for a cheap Marvin or something

jinx44

#4 Post by jinx44 »

I have saw people run a strut and hit a dip in the track. The rear then can start bouncing, get crossed up, and roll.

I ran a strut on my asphalt banshee, but any track that isn't smooth, I wouldn't chance it.

Dachshund

#5 Post by Dachshund »

Here is another considerable weight saving idea. Almost 5lbs worth. I was thinking of running this in my E440 as the stock Yuasa is the only viable option as of now. A Deka rep told me they have it in the pipe line to produce a 7 series but had no time line. I'm not sold on this Shorai as it is new and has no track record but for pure weight savings, I would give it a whirl. http://www.shoraipower.com/

Now back to your regular scheduled strut/shock program. How about running a cheap shock with out a reservoir?

claas900

#6 Post by claas900 »

heres some more weight saved, but you pay for it. http://turntechbattery.com/TurnTech%20Battery/Order.html

cannondalemaine

#7 Post by cannondalemaine »

I searched a little for one without rezzy but haven't seen weights on then so I've been a bit reluctant to get any if I isn't know for sure. Definitely looks like the batteries will save I'll have to look into it more. I projected the quad will weigh 275ish wet with lightweight 2-3 lb shocks. Thanks guys I'll keep you updated with what I do and pics