Rear axle options or change of shock?

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
MX Quad Dad

#11 Post by MX Quad Dad »

QUOTE (marshall100 @ Oct 30 2011, 04:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
To be honest, I love the way it rides, and it's not a problem in the corners either.!

that should be enough until you find you are losing places in or comming out of the corners.

"Compared to my 07 gasgas 450 it's nowhere near as wide"

You may actually be going through the corners faster

marshall100

#12 Post by marshall100 »

I'm actually going to see if I can get a seat custom built that has an incredibly low foam in it. That's a better example of what it's like, most pics of me in the corners are of the bike on three wheels laugh.gif

cannondale27

#13 Post by cannondale27 »

Marshall I don't remember if they had crossovers. Take a pic of your front shocks with the covers off. See the way crossovers work is they activate the heavier main spring once secondary lighter spring is compressed enough. This allows a nice plush ride but stiffens it up in corners or big hits.

marshall100

#14 Post by marshall100 »

It definately has the two springs. I'll post a pic tonight.

peterock

#15 Post by peterock »

For some reason i can't see the picture. But with what is being discribed I would agree it being a front shock issue. I personally always prefered my tires in contact with the ground. obvious reason being more traction in the corner and coming out of the corner.

What is your ride height set at? with you sitting on the seat measuring from ground to bottom of the frame by footpegs and then also towards the front close to wear the rear of the a-arms attached? Typically you want to be around 7" Now of course that depends on what you are doing and if you want the front end slightly lower or not. But 7" is usually a good starting point.

For your front shocks this is where the expensive shocks with Hi/Lo speed adjustment come in. With your current shocks you may not be able to compensate for this. You basically want to stiffen the initial part of the compression of the shocks, with stiffer springs or valving. However, you may give up the effectiviness of your suspension at differnt points in your riding. For instance on jumps or high speed rythm sections.