fox shocks

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
nitroboy

#1 Post by nitroboy »

has anyone found out what make and model of atv that you can use a fox float evol x shock from that we can bolt on our cannondales ? any help would be greatly appreciated !!!!

who_gives_a6

#2 Post by who_gives_a6 »

I have a pair on mine. It depends what front end you have. I have an ASR front end which takes 04-05 Honda 450R shocks made for Houser and JD arms. One thing I found out when I had a KTM was that you can buy a set of KTM made ones as they're 18.75" long and then have the stroke shortened to I believe 5.6" or something rather. That will allow you to run them without issues, except the upper bushings need switched too.

I have part numbers for the shocks that fit the ASR front end. The stock moto front end needs 18.75" with I believe 5.6" stroke. Some are out there or close enough to be modded. I'm working on getting a set for a Hermann front end as well. Anyone know what length shocks they were made for? Haven't mounted them yet but looks like they would require 19" or longer.

peterock

#3 Post by peterock »

Do a search on here. A couple years back I posted the model number and what machine to order for to get the correct fox evols.

nitroboy

#4 Post by nitroboy »

QUOTE (who_gives_a6 @ Nov 9 2011, 10:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have a pair on mine. It depends what front end you have. I have an ASR front end which takes 04-05 Honda 450R shocks made for Houser and JD arms. One thing I found out when I had a KTM was that you can buy a set of KTM made ones as they're 18.75" long and then have the stroke shortened to I believe 5.6" or something rather. That will allow you to run them without issues, except the upper bushings need switched too.

I have part numbers for the shocks that fit the ASR front end. The stock moto front end needs 18.75" with I believe 5.6" stroke. Some are out there or close enough to be modded. I'm working on getting a set for a Hermann front end as well. Anyone know what length shocks they were made for? Haven't mounted them yet but looks like they would require 19" or longer.

i also have an ASR frontend, and im pretty sure atk's vr450 front end was ASR's also. thanks for the info definately going to look into the honda shock. any other info would be greatly appreciated !!!

wistech

#5 Post by wistech »

My first set of floats were of of John Natalie's quad so whatever setup he was running in 2009 works. I bought 2 more sets just by length . Floats have lots of spacers in them to change travel length so it can be done easily during a rebuild.
I got all mine used in running condition from atvriders for sale sections from $400 to $650.

who_gives_a6

#6 Post by who_gives_a6 »

As an update to my post above: I just scored a pair of these for $435 shipped. The stock KTM SX arms require an 18.75" shock with 5.8" stroke. Which means that adding a spacer to change to 5.6" stroke is no big deal and shock length is the same. May be ok without that change but can't say for sure. Check the KTM forum as they pop up for sale quite often. The good thing on the air shocks versus spring ones is that you don't have to worry about valving when switching from the machine they were made for to another. Just adjust the pressures.

The best thing to find a pair is get one close in length and then reference the part number from the bottom of the shocks with Fox. They can give you the stroke info. Unfortunately, if you contact Fox and ask for a shock to a certain spec they can't help you. You must have a part number ready. And they have no listings for CDales either.