carbon fiber axle

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
JST

carbon fiber axle

#1 Post by JST »

This post was on here before,does anyone know what happened to the carbon fiber axle and special swingarm?Did it get returned to the factory and sold in the sale or is it still out there?Anyone got any pics of the quad it was on?

cannondale27

#2 Post by cannondale27 »

Good question.How about the frames with billet front frame member.I saw a whole shelf full of the pieces when I was there.Also the one with 2004 plastic?

Brad77

#3 Post by Brad77 »

Here is the original thread that I started about the carbon fiber axle.

http://cannondaleriders.com/vbb/showthread...=&threadid=1249

JST

#4 Post by JST »

Weren't there pics of it somewhere?

CdaleRacer0128

#5 Post by CdaleRacer0128 »

TA DAHH!!biggrin.gif :usa :wow :clap:

Brad77

#6 Post by Brad77 »

Wow, nice work on the pic.

Now that I see it again, I wonder how they installed the aluminum sprocket and brake hubs on that axle.:confused:

justfine

I think.........

#7 Post by justfine »

The article that picture came from said that Cannondale intended to shave 50lbs. off the Moto by a certain time.

4strokemadman

#8 Post by 4strokemadman »

The arms are bolted on. You wouldn't beleive the difference it made in acceleration, and it had awesome bump response!! If only we didn't run out of time/money!!! We had a lot planned!

JST

Like what?

#9 Post by JST »

Hey 3strokemadman,what other things were planned?Did they all involve shaving weight?

4strokemadman

#10 Post by 4strokemadman »

The biggest deal was we drafted up an exclusive deal with a company called Link-X www.wageng.com (expect some magazine info on their continuing development for ATVs). Basically we were working on a no-roll front end. The plan was to do this, get the bugs worked out on the front so that we could do the mac daddy fully independent race quad. With Link-X it eliminated the need for sway bars. I've ridden it on a fully independent Link-X SUV without sway bars and on a Link- X quad and it works unbeleiveably well. We of course were planning on getting the weight down to 350lbs (real weight not with no fluids just no gas) with an ultimate goal of 320lbs. We were working on aluminum upper and lower a-arms, carbon axle, ti footpegs, new airbox, CRF450 like power (We had an engine combo that was same low-mid-range with more top end than the CRF, same dyno same day). In the lighter weight catagory there were tons of little projects, like new forged engine rails (they were really cool looking), new forged lower front frame, new lower steering bearing mount, new swingarm mount (switching from a casting to a forging), fully cast swingarm....etc