Need opinion about moto arms and shocks

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
canniballz

#1 Post by canniballz »

Hey guys, I have moto arms and shocks on my quad but i just woods ride. My question is, Can the moto setup be good for the woods. It wouldnt hurt to be a couple inches narrower. Im running hiper rims, Not sure of the offset, it might even be 4+1. Im about 49 1/2 wide. I would like to be around 47-47 1/2. Im just looking to get setup right. Im not even sure of the advantage or disadvantage of LT setup versus ST. I dont know much about suspension or whats best for certain riding. To be honest, It confuses the **** out of me. The trails i ride are rocky, alot of ruts, Stuff like that. Maybe someone can give me some advice. Thanks.

speedracer

#2 Post by speedracer »

I had a Dale with a 49" wide LT set-up similar to a moto,I found it a pita in the tight woods trails here in Missouri.Seemed to slow me down quite a bit compaired to a narrower quad.To me,unless your getting big air,LT set-up is just for show.I jumped quite abit with a standard travel set-up and rarely bottom out,how many 60 ft doubles do you run across in the woods?You can hit rocks only so fast.Just my 2 cents,hope this helps.

canniballz

#3 Post by canniballz »

QUOTE (speedracer @ Dec 8 2011, 08:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I had a Dale with a 49" wide LT set-up similar to a moto,I found it a pita in the tight woods trails here in Missouri.Seemed to slow me down quite a bit compaired to a narrower quad.To me,unless your getting big air,LT set-up is just for show.I jumped quite abit with a standard travel set-up and rarely bottom out,how many 60 ft doubles do you run across in the woods?You can hit rocks only so fast.Just my 2 cents,hope this helps.

Thanks. Maybe i will just sale moto arms and shocks and get a good standard travel setup. Or possibly (maybe) see if anyone would want to trade moto set up for a good ST travel set up. I will do some more research and see what i can come up with. Thanks.

wistech

#4 Post by wistech »

A set of honda wheels should narrow it up by an inch and a half. That would get it to 48 .