Why so rough?

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
twowheelsnake

#1 Post by twowheelsnake »

Long story short, I purchased an 03 Cannibal LE from a friend last fall, did some light work on it to get it running decent (new ecu from Blackwidow, etc). This site has been very helpful with resolving my minor issues.
This past weekend is the first time I've had it out really riding it. I took it to the Badlands in Attica, Indiana. Ran great all weekend but man, is the suspension on these things supposed to be so hard? I only had one more "click" to go on the fronts to make them any softer and the rear Ohlins seemed to be decent but still a little firm. But I swear the thing beat me like I owed it money. Is there something I'm missing or is this "just how it is" with these. If so, anyone interested in a 2003 Cannibal? Lol

speedracer

#2 Post by speedracer »

What type front shocks are you running?If they are stock Arvins,they are JUNK IMO,pogo sticks.If they are Ohlins,maybe the just need a rebuild.You can get the rear dialed in good trying different settings.

twowheelsnake

#3 Post by twowheelsnake »

QUOTE (speedracer @ May 1 2012, 09:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What type front shocks are you running?If they are stock Arvins,they are JUNK IMO,pogo sticks.If they are Ohlins,maybe the just need a rebuild.You can get the rear dialed in good trying different settings.

They are indeed the stock shocks up front. The rear Ohlins definitely needs a rebuild as its leaking a little. Is that something that I can do? What suggestions for the front?

who_gives_a6

#4 Post by who_gives_a6 »

QUOTE (twowheelsnake @ May 2 2012, 01:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What suggestions for the front?

Replace shocks with something better, haha. Ohlins non reservoir fronts can be had under $200 usually and anything better varies on brand and condition. I have a few Arvin front sets and can't stand them.

cdsracer

#5 Post by cdsracer »

I have a pair of Speed Ohlins non reservoir fronts for sale. I'll post a pic later when I get one. $125 shipped.

twowheelsnake

#6 Post by twowheelsnake »

QUOTE (cdsracer @ May 2 2012, 09:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have a pair of Speed Ohlins non reservoir fronts for sale. I'll post a pic later when I get one. $125 shipped.

You have my attention! Let's see em first but I am calling dibs on those! Very fair price man!

speedracer

#7 Post by speedracer »

QUOTE (twowheelsnake @ May 1 2012, 08:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They are indeed the stock shocks up front. The rear Ohlins definitely needs a rebuild as its leaking a little. Is that something that I can do? What suggestions for the front?

Contact the shock doc (C27)on this site,he can hook you up on your rear shock rebuild. wink.gif

cdsracer

#8 Post by cdsracer »

I believe these are off of a Glamis. They don't appear to have any leaks and are in nice shape.

Paypal: cdsracer@gmail.com

cdsracer

#9 Post by cdsracer »

I believe these are off of a Glamis. They don't appear to have any leaks and are in nice shape.

twowheelsnake

#10 Post by twowheelsnake »

QUOTE (cdsracer @ May 3 2012, 07:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Payment following shortly smile.gif thanks!