Fox Float Evol or Moto Ohlins?

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
WhiteZee

#11 Post by WhiteZee »

There's no reason to even consider getting stock Moto shocks if their being compared to fox. IV been racing xc since I got into quads and unless your trails are wide open fire roads your going to hate +3 arms. My Honda was 47in wide and my Yamaha is now 46" and I'm WAY FASTER on my yfz. That one inch made a big difference in how fast I can ride tight trails, it gives you a ton more confidence knowing your not going to hit anything. On the open fire roads I'm still faster on the 46" quad, that one inch doesn't really make you any more stable, not snuff to matter if you got good shocks.

Another thing I don't like about the Moto ohliens is they are not zero preload or have a self sagging device. That means your not going to be able to get your ride height as low as you would want it. I think you would be better off getting your tcs shocks valved.

Another thing to consider is xc and Motocross front shocks are setup completely different then each other. Its not just a revalves and respring. The shock bodies are different lengths too. You need to decide what type of riding your going to be mainly doing the most. Mx shocks in the woods will absolutely beat you to death.

ljdbn

#12 Post by ljdbn »

I run +2 houser a-arms w/ 4-1 offset wheels on the front in the woods .....it will basically keep you @stock dale width but eliminates alot of " bump-steer" ...I race XC, and there are no set rules for handling, just personal preferences. Myself I like 48" up front and narrow/stock in the back ...as for shocks, I like my Ohlins

Freddykreuger80

#13 Post by Freddykreuger80 »

QUOTE (ljdbn @ May 20 2012, 04:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I run +2 houser a-arms w/ 4-1 offset wheels on the front in the woods .....it will basically keep you @stock dale width but eliminates alot of " bump-steer" ...I race XC, and there are no set rules for handling, just personal preferences. Myself I like 48" up front and narrow/stock in the back ...as for shocks, I like my Ohlins

Well I have extended axle in the rear which makes it about 50" so I don't want to get shorter or standard travel a arms and make my front shorter than my rear. But I am just thinking about getting fox shocks since I want a nice set of shocks and I can't find any else besides those and Moto Ohlins for a fair price. The trails around me are pretty wide anyways. I never worry about hitting anything

ljdbn

#14 Post by ljdbn »

Like I said ....it's just personal preferences ...I had alot of trouble getting my quad to turn with the wider rear ....now she'll turn on a dime and give you 9?? change ...lol...any of the better shocks are good once you get them dialed to your liking ....

Freddykreuger80

#15 Post by Freddykreuger80 »

Yeah and the fox Evols have a very wide range of adjustments