Brake Bleeding

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
ry415

#1 Post by ry415 »

I've searched the forum and tried the suggestions no luck. I have spare calipers, master cylinders ect...tried swapping no luck. When I remove the master cylinder cap and pull the lever I was getting bubbles so I expected a leak...swapped to the other MC and get the same thing. I have 2 lines coming from the master so each caliper has its own line now split. Any help would be much appreciated.

who_gives_a6

#2 Post by who_gives_a6 »

Are you asking how to bleed them or what exactly? The calipers have a bleeder on them. 8mm nut I believe that you loosen to let the air escape out of. The dual line setup is a pain to bleed to. I have those on one quad.

ry415

#3 Post by ry415 »

QUOTE (who_gives_a6 @ Jun 28 2012, 02:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Are you asking how to bleed them or what exactly? The calipers have a bleeder on them. 8mm nut I believe that you loosen to let the air escape out of. The dual line setup is a pain to bleed to. I have those on one quad.

yes the process...i know how to loosen the nuts sqeeze tighten let go repeat....nothing

rayspeed

#4 Post by rayspeed »

You probably need to bleed the master cylinder first like you do for a new dry one on a car by removing the line and putting a short piece of tubing on the output and feeding it back to the res holding below the level of the fluid. If you dont have anything laying around a messier way to do it is to hold your finger over the output lightly while squeezing the lever letting the fluid escape and holding tightly when the lever retracts to not let any air in refilling as necessary.

jesshamner

#5 Post by jesshamner »

Yeah it sounds like you have air in the master cyclinder. Is it the stock MC? I didn't know they ever had dual lines. Mine only had one. Anyway, just loosen the brake line(s) a little and bleed it like you would bleed it from the calipers. squeeze, tighten, release.

haulinit

#6 Post by haulinit »

I just put a dual line kit on my dale, it sucks to bleed for sure. I have a vaccum bleeder setup also and it was still horrible to bleed. Keep at it, mine went from no lever to solid as a rock real quick once you get it going.

Catmochanic

#7 Post by Catmochanic »

You can also try bleeding them from the bleeder screws up; suck all of the fluid out of the reservoir and then fill a syringe with clean brake fluid and attach it to the bleeder screw using a piece of hose, open the bleeder screw and push the fluid out of the syringe up through the mastercylinder (you can see the air bubbles come up in the reservoir). Then squeeze the brake lever a half dozen times and hold it down, crack open the bleeder screw to push out any air that might be trapped in the caliper (repeat a couple of times each side). This is what worked for me.

ry415

#8 Post by ry415 »

Thanks I'll give all these methods a shot, I'm thinkin that bleeiding the master cylinder might be the issue.

jesshamner

#9 Post by jesshamner »

I pumped mine from the bottom up with a 60cc syringe and some fish tank air hose. I have been doing this for a while now and it works pretty good. Another way to do it is to buy about 6 feet of clear hose. Hook that hose to the bleeder screw. Open the bleeder screw and pump the fluid until its soild brake fluid with no bubbles. Keep the resevoir full though. I think Laz at GT Thunder does it this way. It also keeps from getting brake fluid everywhere.

I can't remember on the Cannondales but on my honda, the left line is slightly longer so it is recommended that the left side is done first.