atv 4 play arms nees ball joints

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
250rmike

#1 Post by 250rmike »

does anyone know if atv 4 play ever made max ground clearance arms for the dale. I have a set of what looks like their arms on my bike judging by the shape and ball joint design. heres why I am asking, I let a supposed friend borrow the bike since I had not ridden it in a year. he thought a wheel bearing was going out but kept riding it. so when I finally got it back from him I changed out thee bearings. It was then I found out that the lower ball joint was loose. now I know it used to be fairly common to use 400ex arm on dales. I also ask cause I have a dale spindle(now thanks to that friend needs replaced). the spindle is no big deal I can pick on of them up for a couple buck. now the ball joint I can still get for a 400ex but ive been trying to contact atv 4 play to no avail. and they seem to be the only ones using that type of ball joint. Another question I think I know the answer but 400ex lower ball joints wont fit a dale spindle correct. thanks in advance for any help you can give

250rmike

#2 Post by 250rmike »

just to help the ball joint on the lower a arm at the top of the page at the link is what I need

http://www.atvfourplay.com/MGC-Long-Trave-Travel-A-Arms.htm

haulinit

#3 Post by haulinit »

No, a honda ball joint wont fit, it will have some slop in the dale spindle. I think KFX might be the same as ours. If nothing else Boomer makes a sleeve to adapt a honda ball joint taper to a dale spindle.

250rmike

#4 Post by 250rmike »

Ok thanks I'll get hold of boomer and order some and just use a Honda one