handlebar questions

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
crypt440

#1 Post by crypt440 »

So I want to get some handlebars that are higher or get/make a spacer, either way my bars are bent so some straight onnes would be great lol. I have never had to buy handlebars before and dont really know where to start, are they all pretty universal or do I need to look at a specific size? thoughts and inputs would be much appriciated haha.

who_gives_a6

#2 Post by who_gives_a6 »

Depends what you want. There's tons of styles and bends. Stock bars were 7/8 with the long barpad but I personally prefer the 1 1/8 fat bars with the small rectangular pad. You need adaptors for those, but they'll raise your bars about an inch. Bend is all about your preference. I use CR High bend Tag T2's on all of mine and I love them. I'm about 5'10.

promod

#3 Post by promod »

QUOTE (who_gives_a6 @ Jun 23 2014, 05:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Depends what you want. There's tons of styles and bends. Stock bars were 7/8 with the long barpad but I personally prefer the 1 1/8 fat bars with the small rectangular pad. You need adaptors for those, but they'll raise your bars about an inch. Bend is all about your preference. I use CR High bend Tag T2's on all of mine and I love them. I'm about 5'10.

Like A6 said "Depends what you want. There's tons of styles and bends.", And agree with him also but in my choice its Renthal Twin wall (crossbar style) 1-1/8" CR Hi-Bend and im also about 5'10.

The CR-Hi bend bars regardless of standard or oversized bar choice or brand is about your best option in my own opinion if your looking for the highest off-road bike bar with a great feeling bend (or that i have found anyway!), and if there not high enough you could change perches or add spacers to make them higher if desired...lots of options!, even got one friend who has utility ATV bars on his WR450F...He's a tall guy he claims! wacko.gif

Canniboomer

#4 Post by Canniboomer »

I can offer you an adapted Trailtech Fatbar clamp, which boosts the bar center by 1.4 inches. From there, you add any choice of 1-1/8 fatbars. This is thru-bolted from the bottom up, which greatly strengthens the mount at the same time. You would also ditch the plastic Cannibal keycowl, and go with the Speed Blaze Moto metal keyplate...
Other options are Steered Headlights,.. mounting plate only or with twin halogens, and a diagnostic Speedo (Striker not Vector) with temp and voltmeter.
For the fatbar clamp alone with upbolts, that is $85.... or $89 with a reaming drill bit for your stock stem bushings. Here are some pics to show the barmount and various add-on options.

promod

#5 Post by promod »

I thought he was talking about Motorcycle handlebar options! ohmy.gif , So if he was talking about HI bend bars to use on a ATV...my bag! (which i now see he has a Cannibal listed in his signature) Sorry, no personal experiance really with ATV's or bar options to give you, as only do bikes! Sorry again for my input on this topic!....jumped to fast! rolleyes.gif

who_gives_a6

#6 Post by who_gives_a6 »

Promod: it's not too different believe it or not. I ran the same bars/mounts on my E440's that I do on my quads. Both worked well. The stock bike bars seemed too wide/low for me. CR Highs made it much more comfortable.