What kind of shocks are these?

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
ShifT714

#1 Post by ShifT714 »

Nevermind the title...

16.5 in eye to eye? These blaze shocks?

ShifT714

#2 Post by ShifT714 »

Nobody?

ShifT714

#3 Post by ShifT714 »

Man!! Thanks for the info...!

wistech

#4 Post by wistech »

Sorry about that but most of us have never even seen blaze shocks . Ive only seen a couple in person and that was ten years ago. I know they are basically just shorter moto shocks I dont even have any of those to compare . The part number should still be on your shocks . Maybe call ohlins to check. Blazes also had yellow main springs so who knows what you have there. They could be anything,converted from another machine or originals with some paint and decals. I could only guess that they do look like what a blaze looked like with about 50 percent certainty.

Devious26

#5 Post by Devious26 »

16.5" are stock a-arm length shocks, or for +2 Lonestar Arms. 19.5 eye to eye is factory moto shock length and will work with only the factory arms that im aware of. Both of my quads have lonestar arms and the longer moto shocks will not mount because the lower shockmount is further inboard than the factory moto arms. Dont know if that made sense, but i am willing to bet those are reworked single rates ohlins from a speed/blaze/cannibal to work with stock arms and be dual rate/resis.

Devious26

#6 Post by Devious26 »

Oh and the 2 spanner wrench adjustments above the long main spring should be at the top above the small tender spring. In the current configuration it looks like the small spring carries no weight and is pretty much for looks.

wanablaze

#7 Post by wanablaze »

I don't believe those are true Blaze front shocks because they do not have the black compression adjuster above the reservoirs. They do appear to have the correct rebound adjusters on the bottom rods, though. Also, are those upper springs just there to look pretty?

ShifT714

#8 Post by ShifT714 »

Good deal that's what I was looking for! N yes they are there for show right now. That's the way they came on the bike.