Walsh setup

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
joep1219

#1 Post by joep1219 »

Anybody have a good starting point for Walsh +3 +1 front end?
Looking for heim joint location, caster camber toe and so on. Any help would be appreciated.

POWER MAD MAN

#2 Post by POWER MAD MAN »

Walsh still makes a arms for cannondales, just go on their website their having a sale on their a arms for 1,300$!!lol

joep1219

#3 Post by joep1219 »

QUOTE (POWER MAD MAN @ Aug 8 2015, 10:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Walsh still makes a arms for cannondales, just go on their website their having a sale on their a arms for 1,300$!!lol

They don't have any specs, I've talked to them multiple times and can't seem to find our remember them.

cannonman

#4 Post by cannonman »

After hearing 1300 bucks can't believe you'd still be interested!!!!!!!!!! !!!!! Lol

ScramblerXLE

#5 Post by ScramblerXLE »

The only thing I'd venture a guess for a starting point for MX use would be 3??-4?? of positive caster and 2??-3?? of negative camber. I run Walsh XC arms on my KTM 525 XC and used a digital protractor to set them up. They can be had rather cheap, then you're sure where you are and where you need to be. Remember to set it after you set you ride-height etc, as adding or subtracting rake in the frame will obviously change the caster as well.

Here's a link to the one I used:

http://www.amazon.com/Digital-Protractor-D...protractor+3600

EDIT: I am currently running 2.4?? of caster and -2?? of camber for GNCC use on my KTM, but that's 46" wide and I'm dodging trees, so I figured adding side bite with the camber, but stability by increasing the caster for you for MX use would be the right call. It's something you just have to experiment with, but having a way to measure it so that you know what changes you're making helps!

joep1219

#6 Post by joep1219 »

QUOTE (ScramblerXLE @ Aug 10 2015, 01:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The only thing I'd venture a guess for a starting point for MX use would be 3??-4?? of positive caster and 2??-3?? of negative camber. I run Walsh XC arms on my KTM 525 XC and used a digital protractor to set them up. They can be had rather cheap, then you're sure where you are and where you need to be. Remember to set it after you set you ride-height etc, as adding or subtracting rake in the frame will obviously change the caster as well.

Here's a link to the one I used:

http://www.amazon.com/Digital-Protractor-D...protractor+3600

EDIT: I am currently running 2.4?? of caster and -2?? of camber for GNCC use on my KTM, but that's 46" wide and I'm dodging trees, so I figured adding side bite with the camber, but stability by increasing the caster for you for MX use would be the right call. It's something you just have to experiment with, but having a way to measure it so that you know what changes you're making helps!

Thanks, I was looking for more about the heim to start with. Trying to set it up tonight for silver Lake tomorrow. Lol long way to go, pretty much have to assemble an entire bike tonight minus the motor.