Street Suspension Setup

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
lc4

#1 Post by lc4 »

Has anyone here experience with a street build on a cannondale frame?
I'm searching for Shocks, width axle, width a-arms.....

SlOoT

#2 Post by SlOoT »

I have a cannondale with ktm engine wich I use only on the streets at this moment.

It has the Moto rear axle and Moto a-arms. On the front I use stock "speed" ohlins, wich lowers the front of the quad since the a-arms are made for long travel shocks.
On the rear I just screwed the adjuster ring all the way up to lower the quad.

In this video I had rear shocks on the front, but those were to stiff. Changed them for the speed ohlins again, gives about the same ride height.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sR7K01u6pMo

lc4

#3 Post by lc4 »

QUOTE (SlOoT @ Jul 30 2016, 09:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have a cannondale with ktm engine wich I use only on the streets at this moment.

It has the Moto rear axle and Moto a-arms. On the front I use stock "speed" ohlins, wich lowers the front of the quad since the a-arms are made for long travel shocks.
On the rear I just screwed the adjuster ring all the way up to lower the quad.

In this video I had rear shocks on the front, but those were to stiff. Changed them for the speed ohlins again, gives about the same ride height.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sR7K01u6pMo

You are the one i was searching for biggrin.gif because i've seen your Cannondale before on Yt .....very nice wink.gif
I have the same Lc4 Engine in mine ,only the newer 2005 high flow Version

Meanwhile i found a Guy in Germany (i'm from Germany too) ,who will build me a Custom Setup with Attackshox Coilovers

Moto Parts are very hard to find these Days i guess ?!

Is the rear Axle widther on the Moto ?

Are you happy with this Setup on the Streets ?

kdeal

#4 Post by kdeal »

For a street build an aftermarket axle or wheel spacers would work fine.

SlOoT

#5 Post by SlOoT »

The Moto axle is indeed wider. An aftermarket axle or wheelspacers would also work.

I actualy use a Moto axle and wheelspacers, since I have ITP ss rims wich are 1 inch narrower then the oem itp aloy rims.
This brings the total width to 50 inch.

I love the setup on the street. I have driven many different quads on the street but so far none drove as good as my setup. No problem doing 120km/h with 1 hand on the handlebars.

With the power the lc4 engine has it is best to go with the highest gearing possible, I have a 17T sprocket on the front and a 36T on the rear.

At this moment I am experimenting with different front tires but have not had time to test drive.

If you want some more power from the engine I have some tips.