Shock Springs

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
Kuma

#1 Post by Kuma »

I have a set of Moto Shocks I'm using for a long travel Honda Pilot, I was thinking if anything they would be too soft, not the case the front end sits up with only a couple inches of droop, I want it to sit down quite a bit more, anyway, is there other springs available for the moto shocks I can't tell what I have the numbers are not legible any more, IO assume they are the springs that came on the Moto if anyone has that info that would be helpful.
Thank you

kdeal

#2 Post by kdeal »

180/46, 180/48, 180/84-23 are the Ohlins numbers for all of the front springs. I believe the last one is the one you are looking at.

Kuma

#3 Post by Kuma »

QUOTE (kdeal @ Nov 22 2018, 08:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
180/46, 180/48, 180/84-23 are the Ohlins numbers for all of the front springs. I believe the last one is the one you are looking at.

I ended up putting some progressive 120/110 springs on, this is in pounds, the ohlins numbers are all in metric units. the machine still sits a little higher than I'd like but it seems to work good so far.
Pilot Video with Moto shocks, Skidoo 670 engine

Catmochanic

#4 Post by Catmochanic »

Looks and sounds like a blast! Good job. How much horsepower over stock?

Kuma

#5 Post by Kuma »

stock is a 400 cc 2 stroke with the pipe on it maybe pushing 45? the 670 engine is rated at 115 and the HO version at 128, that would be in the stock sled configuration with the correct tuned pipe and carbs, for the pilot the pipe has to be cut and turned to fit and it uses watercraft carbs because the trans in in the way to use the ski doo carbs.
it may also be not at 100% potential as I run to last rather than optimum power and it doesn't have as much compression as it should, too much piston clearance, seat of the pants, it's at least double the stock power, tires aren't too aggressive but I'd rather spin tires than break axles and Katlins.