400EX Spindles?

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
Dale512

400EX Spindles?

#1 Post by Dale512 »

I've heard somewhere that if you use 400EX Spindles on a Cannondale it will handle better, is this true? Would I have too use a whole 400EX frontend (A-arms, Shocks, Spindles, Brakes) If so would it bolt right up or what? I'm going too be going with a new frontend over the winter, so I was wondering if I would be better off going with a whole 400EX Setup over a standard Cannondale one? Also heard that the 400EX front brake reservoir works better than the stock one, is this true?

Thanks

haydug

#2 Post by haydug »

I wil vouch for switching the mastercylinder to Honda, best thing I ever done. The cannondale works good, but I only use 2 fingers on my brake lever, and the stock lever would hit my other fingers and I would lose braking performance. Might be able to fix it with another lever though.

Brad77

#3 Post by Brad77 »

To use 400 ex spindles you would have to change to a complete 400ex front end, or you can use some aftermarket C-dale a-arms from Diamond racing or Eyeball engineering. They use ball joints just like the honda setups, but with spacers. The reason the spindles will not simply bolt on is because the kingpin diameter is much larger on the cannondale ball joints.

4strokemadman

#4 Post by 4strokemadman »

400EX Spindles have 11 degrees of kingpin inclination, the Cannondale has 8. This means that with the 400EX spindles the machine will have more steering effort but will be more stable. If you prefer quick low effort steering the Cannondale uprights are the way to go. If you prefer more effort and slower steering go with the Honda uprights. They are not however interchangeable like Brad77 said.