Who makes +1 A-Arms

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
Derno24

Who makes +1 A-Arms

#1 Post by Derno24 »

Like the subject stated. I am looking to go to plus 1 over the winter and would like to know who makes them for the cannondale. I have had no real luck finding them just wondering if anyone knew where to get them.

thomez

#2 Post by thomez »

Were you looking to go Long Travel or regular? I think somewhere I've seen both but can't think of the place. Let me do some research and I'll get back.

thomez

#3 Post by thomez »

OK ... did some research for a bit. Houser makes +1 long travel arms - to me, that would be the setup if you were going +1 but I don't know about ground clearance with them... seems like if you were only going +1 that it would make that bottom shock mount low. Maybe not. I think that Haydug sells Houser products might shoot him a message and I bet he could answer your questions and get you hooked up when you are ready. biggrin.gif

Jaybr

#4 Post by Jaybr »

Yep, Houser makes +1 long travels and haydug sells them at his shop. I got a set for my Cannibal a couple weeks ago along with a full set of moto shocks converted by the quadshop. If I could only find time to get the motor back together maybe I could give you my ride impressions:(

I know a couple guys took Haydugs out for test rides last weekend, maybe someone will jump in.

Derno24

#5 Post by Derno24 »

I was trying to stay away from long travel. I have triple rate Elka front's already. I run mostly cross country and I was pretty sure when I looked at long travel before the shock mount was lower than the a-arm.

I have no problem going long travel just that I would be banging that mount off of rocks.

I would still like to hear what people thought of haydug's machine though.

thomez

#6 Post by thomez »

Haydug can probably tell you better where that shock mount is. As far as I know though those are the only +1's for the 'Dale. I didn't find any standard travel +1's and I don't think I've ever seen any - I thought I did but after thinking about it, it was those Housers that I had seen somewhere. Good luck smile.gif

haydug

#7 Post by haydug »

Here is a picture of the woods bike. I have ran 2 cross country's now and have not noticed dragging of the a-arms on anything. I can see about getting you some +1 long travel design with shock mounts for the 16" shocks.

Derno24

#8 Post by Derno24 »

Thanks I won't be getting anything till December. I just wanted to see what was out there. Did you make the rear axle wider is so which brand did you go with?

thomez

#9 Post by thomez »

I think RPM makes a -2 to +1 axle for the Dale, or something like that.

Jaybr

#10 Post by Jaybr »

Derno, if you don't want long travel your other option would be +2's with 4/1 wheels. I've got a set of American Stars here that just need a fresh powder coating, and given till December I could probably get around to it:D

The 4/1 wheels do a better job of protecting the brake rotors too.