looking for something better

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
JeffQuadShop

#1 Post by JeffQuadShop »

A good quality set of shocks will do wonders!

4strokemadman

#2 Post by 4strokemadman »

Another thing you might want to try is a set of '03 Blaze A-arms they lower the machine by 1/2".

jbomb

#3 Post by jbomb »

What is the rear conversion and who does that?

LapTraffic

#4 Post by LapTraffic »

what's the specifics on the Blaze A Arms?

How much do they widen the stance?

Are they made by Cannondale?

What's the cost?

4strokemadman

#5 Post by 4strokemadman »

The '03 Blaze A-arms are made by Cannondale. They are not any wider. I'm not sure of the price.

4strokemadman

#6 Post by 4strokemadman »

Two things changed on the steering column. First, the mounts at the top were angled back. We got a lot of negative feedback on this so we changed the top so that it was in line with the column. The second change was lowering the tie rod plate to reduce bump steer. This also slightly changes your steering ratio which makes it feel a little lighter. Of course the biggest offender of the steering feeling light or heavy is the steering column bushing. If you lube it properly it makes a huge difference. The actual grease that we use is called Klueber. I'm not sure if we're still using this in production or not but this stuff is awesome. I'll have to find out which type we use, I have some in the shop.

As far as I know right now the Blaze is the only one to use the lowered A-arms.

cannondale27

Handling

#7 Post by cannondale27 »

cannondale55,
In my opinion the biggest factor if you cant widen is tires.If you can get away with losing some ground clearance cut turftamers or the mxholeshot tires will help greatly in the turns a steering damper also helps if the turns are rough.

4strokemadman

#8 Post by 4strokemadman »

The '03 Blaze a-arms will mount up to your '02. If it is an early '02 you will have to use the older style bushings.

LapTraffic

#9 Post by LapTraffic »

Of course the biggest offender of the steering feeling light or heavy is the steering column bushing. If you lube it properly it makes a huge difference. The actual grease that we use is called [URL=http://www.klueber.com/]Klueber[/URL

Quick question on this, I rode in the rain and when I turn the handlebar the stem squeeks, it sounds like rubber on metal right under the air filter. I looked in there and pulled as much off as I cared to before I ran out of riding time but I could not see any zerks with the limited view I had.

How do you grease it? Mine definately needs it.

Thanks