Reinforced Rims Or Beadlocks?

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
Psychosis

Reinforced Rims Or Beadlocks?

#1 Post by Psychosis »

I can't figure out what I want here but I swear that each time I ride right now I have to take off my front rims and pound them down again. I'd like some beadlocks all the way around but need rims and wondering what's best here. I know the beadlocks would be what to get and best and I am getting dual ringers for the rear when I find a deal but will reinforced rims suffice?

I'll be using them for play but will be racing quite a few local and district races starting soon so they need to hold up. Will the reinforced ones hold up to the beating or should I just go and get beadlocks? I'm looking for long term too. Not something to replace next month.

Then for the rear I'm wondering this. Are the dual beadlocks rims like Douglas and ITP sell worth the money in the long run or should I just spend the extra and buy Hipers like I'd like to? Thanks in advance for replies.

LapTraffic

#2 Post by LapTraffic »

I've got pretty much the same questions

I had douglas ultimates on the front, supposedly an itegrated race ring type or something like that. Theyre bent...

I'm personally loking for Beadlocks with a race ring inner.

Trying to pick them up used... there is no point in me buying something new, it's generally VERY used if not completely destroyed in a few months anyway...

pdavis

#3 Post by pdavis »

i have reinforced rims and they hold up great, i hit a treee root so hard one time that it broke a tie rod bolt but didnt damage a rim

CdaleRacer0128

#4 Post by CdaleRacer0128 »

problem is rings is mud and gunk, plus they dont work like beadlocks to keep your tires hooked on. just spoend the few extra dollars and go with beadlocks in the back and a good set of rolled lipped wheels in the front

i love my alluminum wheels but really want to get hiper one of these days, they seem like the obvious way to go, everyone runs them n LOVES THEM:wow

LapTraffic

#5 Post by LapTraffic »

What's the cost on a set of Hipers front and back?

Derno24

#6 Post by Derno24 »

I was going to say forget the reinforced or regular beadlocks the Hipers are by far the best for wear and tear situations. I ran a season of harescrambles and have been riding on those same rims for a year and a half and I have no damage except cosmetic. They are expensive, but well worth it.

Haydug was running a special on these so I am not sure of the cost.

pdavis

#7 Post by pdavis »

jcv440

#8 Post by jcv440 »

Hipers are the way to go. Give Doug a call Joe, he just became a dealer and will hook ya up. They are BY FAR the only way to go.

OCR

#9 Post by OCR »

Get the Hipers, I ran a set last year for Harescrambles and they held up great, they even held up to the rocks at the Rausch Creek GNCC. I ran the whole season then sold them for almost as much as I paid.

Now I have the Dale and guess whats sitting in the boxes waiting for the quad to get done... another complete set of Hipers for the MX season this year... I am sold and I wont go back to an aluminum rim.

You also "feel" more w the Hiper wheels. They are definetly more rigid than the aluminum so you feel the rocks and crap that you go over... not in a bad way either, the wheel is just less damp.

Psychosis

#10 Post by Psychosis »

Ok, I've decided on Hipers for the rear once I find some 3+6 ones but the front I'm still questioning.

CdaleraceR: Could you give me an idea on which wheels you're talking about for the front? And why rolled lip instead of reinforced? Thanks.