Cannondale Frames?

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
CdaleRacer0128

#1 Post by CdaleRacer0128 »

very well, don't attemp to gusset it, it'll make it weak, but there is no need to do so bc these frames are definately the strongest out there. No known problems to speak of.

jfarrar

#2 Post by jfarrar »

i havent heard of many frames failing either although mine has two hairline cracks on the upper shock mount.the welds on the square crossmember have about a 1/2'' crack on eachside.very hard to see they are thin.shock was bottoming in the whoops at daniel boone and thats when it happened.hasnt budged since.i keep a close eye on it though

KYmxracer52

#3 Post by KYmxracer52 »

Those whoops at Boone will do that to your suspension if you don't keep the gas pinned over them:D

jfarrar

#4 Post by jfarrar »

yeah they are definately nasty.i had her pinned the whole way and was actually able to skim the tops about halfway but the shock was not rebounding fast enough and would eventually pack up.we were expirimenting with some springs and valving and it wasn't working.

KYmxracer52

#5 Post by KYmxracer52 »

Yeah, I can get to the last 4 until they suck me down into them. The last few are offset differently than the rest I think.:confused:

aroracer72

#6 Post by aroracer72 »

I know you already have the needed input, but all i have to say is.....if a dale was to be dropped off a cliff.....the transmission gear would break before the frame does. (thats an exxageration, but its **** strong). The only thing you might encounter is if you have a bad crash..and i mean bad..not a little one....the subframe will bend..but any other sub frame would also. Strong as they get...aftermarket and stock.

Derno24

#7 Post by Derno24 »

This sounds worse than it was. I hit a tree stump in 3rd gear that I didn't see. Needless to say I went flying. The quad overturned a couple times and the only thing that had to be replaced was the steering stem. Everything else was fine. There was a good gash in the belly skid, but not bad enough to even need replacing.

I also have an affinity for hitting trees and this quad holds up to all of it. Well made frame in my opinion.

Lippy91

#8 Post by Lippy91 »

I cracked mine at the motor mount, right where the update kit goes. It's just a hairline but I want to get it welded if possible. I have a Busch series garage right down the road and I'm thinking about stopping in to see if they can do it.

dawzie

#9 Post by dawzie »

The frame is the best made. Just dont let any of the motor craddle bolts come out. Losing those bolts weakens the whole structure. There use to be some AH on here from Flordia saying his frame broke, found out that he lost them bolts first.

Derno24

#10 Post by Derno24 »

Can someone say Catfish