Twitchy steering?

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
Mjollnir

Twitchy steering?

#1 Post by Mjollnir »

This weekend at Pismo, I noticed that my steering is very twitchy. **** near highsided me once, was doing 40-45 and hit some rough stuff, and the handlebars went all over the place, got real squirrly. Can this tendancy be adjusted out at all, or is it all rider:eek:?

Thanks,
Marc

cannondale27

#2 Post by cannondale27 »

Try using 1/4 in of toe in or even a little more measure it by making to marks one on each tire on the tread at front measure between them roll the quad till both marks are at back measure front needs to be 1/4in less than back if not adjust both tie rods equally.A steering damper would help alot too.

smith

#3 Post by smith »

also, we've found out if you slow down the rebound on the rear shock, it makes a world of difference (it's the bottom knob under the spring, no tools needed other than a hand!)

Mjollnir

#4 Post by Mjollnir »

Originally posted by smith
also, we've found out if you slow down the rebound on the rear shock, it makes a world of difference (it's the bottom knob under the spring, no tools needed other than a hand!)

Hey Smith, how many clicks would you say I should go out on it? I guess I know the answer - experiment!biggrin.gif

Thanks,
Marc

smith

#5 Post by smith »

start with about 2 slower, then....You guessed, experiment, because it varies with the rider size, where/what you are riding, and how fast. 2-3 in my case made it a lot better.