A arm questions

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
Big B

A arm questions

#1 Post by Big B »

Could someone please tell me about some after market A arms that are affordable.I am looking at stock width I race mainly XC and have standard travel shocks.If you could insert a link to any site I would appreciate it as well as pricing

cdrookie

#2 Post by cdrookie »

if you want to keep the stock width why change the stock arms? the ugly arms on ebay are affordable but haven't heard anything about their quality. maybe you could try them and give us a review. i think they're plus 2 so you might want to use a 4+1 rim offset.

thomez

#3 Post by thomez »

he wants to change arms cause our balljoints stinky stinky.

I've heard that Ugly A-arms are the new name for Action A-arms and the change was made because the reputation for Action was getting too bad to sustain business, and possibly lawsuits or something. I wouldn't touch them with a telephone poll.

Eyeball engineering made or still makes a +1 arm which could be stock width with 4/1 wheels. Houser will make them too I'm sure, just more money. Worth the difference though. Haydug can sell you Houser for a good price.

Another +2 arm are the American Stars. I've heard they have held up well for those who have them and they are affordable. Jaybr might even still have his set, give him a holler.

Psychosis

#4 Post by Psychosis »

I've got Eyeball +2's that I use for dual purpose. Change front rims and shock settings over to change between MX and XC. They work great and I only paid $250 for them used off Ebay w/everything to bolt on. I personally like a +1 width better than stock in the woods which is when I use 4:1 offset rims.

cdrookie

#5 Post by cdrookie »

OICIC thomez, stinky stinky...

Derno24

#6 Post by Derno24 »

I got the Eyeball +1's on my dale now. Very beefy for XC and I am hoping worth it too. The cost was very reasonable too.

Big B

#7 Post by Big B »

Does Eyeball have a web site or a number?

thomez

#8 Post by thomez »

www.eyeballeng.com I believe but I'm not sure if they list everything they will make you for the 'Dale. Best to call I think.

haydug

#9 Post by haydug »

I have only seen 2 sets of eyeball arms, one of which was broken. :hammer:
I wasn't impressed with the quality of welds on the arms, and getting them to fit on a 400 was kind of a pain. I'm sure they would be alright for XC, but I would be afraid of them for MX.
They also seemed to use a standard ball joint on the long travel set I helped install, without the shock installed, the arms would bind very bad at full droop, and did have considerable amount of bump steer. I tried adjusting it out, but couldn't get it exactly right.
I agree with some other people on this about the "ugly" arms, wouldn't touch it with a 10' pole. Makes you wonder when a company changes names and basically produces the exact same product. :confused:

Derno24

#10 Post by Derno24 »

Doug I am wondering if you got a bad set or something. I took these arms to a couple people and they seemed to like them. Maybe your are right about the xc to mx thing. The only dilema I had was the threading on the tie rod was wrong. Quick run of my die set and it was corrected.