Ohlin shocks vs. Works

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
exrider

Ohlin shocks vs. Works

#1 Post by exrider »

Right now i have the regular ohlin shocks without the rezzie so you cant adjust it or get it revalved...i was looking into trading these in for a pair of new tripple rate works and get them valved for my riding. How do the ohlins compare to the tripple rate works? Is it worth selling off the ohlins to buy the works ?

jcv440

#2 Post by jcv440 »

Depends on what type of riding you do. The stock Ohlins are great for leisure trail riding. Your not going to benifit from aftermarket shocks unless your can feel the shocks going past their limits while your riding. Excessive body roll, bottoming out, etc.

Works shocks are a good econo go fast shock. Look to rebuild the shocks every year to keep them fresh, this also includes replacing the Eye bushings. It gets rather expensive over time.

If you have the extra money, I'd look into the Elka Rec shocks. larger shaft Diameter, better Eye bushings, and better damping in my opinion. Jeff at the quad shop would be able to hook ya up with either or. Give him a call, he's the suspension guru on the site.

exrider

#3 Post by exrider »

i was looking for a real soft ride because i just ride in the trails...your saying the ohlins i have on now will be better then valved tripple rate works ?

jcv440

#4 Post by jcv440 »

Are the Ohlins too harsh for you? I do believe Jeff can re-valve them for you. Give him a call. www.quadshopatv.com is his website.

exrider

#5 Post by exrider »

im not sure if you can get the regular ohlins without the rezzies re-valved. Does anyone know ?