Stud sizes compared to honda

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
dalewannbe

Stud sizes compared to honda

#1 Post by dalewannbe »

I tried switching some rims off my cannondale with a 400ex and the bolt holes on the cannondale are bigger than the 400ex. Is this normal? They were the front rims. I was hoping they were the same size.

What about the rears, should they be the same size?

cdrookie

#2 Post by cdrookie »

i thought they were the same size? i got a set of rear rims off a kid with a 400ex and drilled the holes out to 10mm so they would go on and come off easier. we had to yank and pound the rims off his ex. so i'd say the rears are the same size.

ppogue

Wheels

#3 Post by ppogue »

They are the same bolt pattern but the Cdale bolts are a bit bigger. Grab your dremmel, make the holes just a touch bigger and your gold!

garysol1

#4 Post by garysol1 »

arent the back spacing different between the Honda and C-dale rim? If it is does anyone notice a stability differance between the two?

thomez

#5 Post by thomez »

I believe the Honda is a tad bit narrower.

CdaleRacer0128

#6 Post by CdaleRacer0128 »

yea the rear offset on a honda is less of a wider offset than teh dale wheels..i think dale wheels are 3+6 while honda is 3+5..and do as they said for teh bolts to work.

honda wheels and a +4 axle make 50 Inches

If you have douglas wheels i think you may need douglas wheel bolts, but the magazines are kind of vague when explaining what wheels need what bolts to work on what douglas wheels