tie rod end problems

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
311racer

tie rod end problems

#1 Post by 311racer »

i have a 2002 canibal and the left tie rod end that bolts to the sterring stem keeps coming lose. i have try lock tight and it dosen't work. im thinking about getting a castle nut and putting a pin threw the bolt. do you guys have anyother sugguestion for me or can i buy a different end. thanks ! mike

wyndzer

#2 Post by wyndzer »

Get some nylon lock nuts? Are you using red lock tite? You could get 400 EX tie rods and ends, but you may have the same problem.

311racer

#3 Post by 311racer »

i heard if you use 400ex ends they will hit the frame,because they are bigger than the cannibal. i also have another question the steering is really tight compared to the 400ex or 250r. is that just the way it is or is there something i could do to change it. thanks mike

Cannibal440

#4 Post by Cannibal440 »

I don't know the answer to the tierod question, but the steering should move perfectly freely and smoothly if you jack up the front end and move the bars side to side. If not, then the steering stem bushing needs to be lubed.

Big Winky

#5 Post by Big Winky »

it depends on which stem your useing if the tie-rods hit the frame. the new one is suppose to miss the frame, (the mount is 10 mm lower). Lube steering bushing..water from pressure washer washs lube out of it.