Tyre pressure advice

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
floatingjimi

Tyre pressure advice

#1 Post by floatingjimi »

All the area around me is generally hard packed clay earth, v-hard in the summer with the odd rock thrown in with loose stuff frop good measure, what tyre pressures should run. Lastly what should I run when it becomes a mud bath ( after a good thunderstorm).

NRath

#2 Post by NRath »

Pressures are a matter of preference. It varies depending on the tire you've got and the terrain. In those conditions with Holeshots, I'd be around 4 to 4.5. As the rocks increase, so should the tire pressure. That's a ballpark for trails or cross country racing in my opinion.

floatingjimi

#3 Post by floatingjimi »

are you lookking four alround, the guy who had it before was running 6 front and 3-4 rear

Derno24

#4 Post by Derno24 »

I know tires are all opinion based. I like a real soft tire in the muck somewhere around 3. Make sure you are using a tire that is 6 ply if you go lower. I ran my razor2's this sunday in heavy mud with about 2.5 lbs in them. I ran about 5 lbs in the front because of the heavy rocks. I would run 4.5 lbs all the way around when riding in conditions you stated, but that still depends on the tire you use! Try different tire pressures while you ride and you will quickly get the idea of what will work and what won't!

floatingjimi

#5 Post by floatingjimi »

many thanks guys