ball joints/tie rods shot

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
djmc

ball joints/tie rods shot

#1 Post by djmc »

on my 02 cannibal the ball joints and the tie rods are shot. the tie rods have been loose since the 2nd month but now the ball joints are loose as well. whats the best way around this. replacing ball joints sounds like a pain in the neck. if i put it in a shop that will probably cost plenty. would i be better off replacing the a-arms myself and get the balljoints with them? what is a good source for quality tierod ends?

cdrookie

#2 Post by cdrookie »

www.rodendsupply has the tie rod ends. i put the part #'s on a thread in this section. no use wasting your time with the stock ball joints, they're just gonna go bad again, possibly break. get a set of +1 housers off of haydug. if moneys tight you might find a used set of aftermarket arms for a good price or a set of stock arms with new/good joints can be found for under 150. timbomoose has a special on new factory rod ends in the sponcers section also.

JeffQuadShop

#3 Post by JeffQuadShop »

The stock tierod ends last a long time with our rubber boots on them. I'm still on the same set that I started the season on.

bknight

#4 Post by bknight »

jeff????do you have sume rubber boots that we can buy???
i ride most of the time on sand that would help

JeffQuadShop

#5 Post by JeffQuadShop »

Originally posted by bknight
jeff????do you have sume rubber boots that we can buy???
i ride most of the time on sand  that would help
Ya, I bet I've sold 400 of them so far