Swingarm bearing install pics needed

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
JST

Swingarm bearing install pics needed

#1 Post by JST »

I recently broke my swingarm near the swingarm bolt,this was after replacing bearings.I purchased a All Balls kit from Doug and want to make sure I install everything correct.Please give a pic or a left to right explanation of which parts go where.thanks

cannondale27

#2 Post by cannondale27 »

I will be putting one in this morning I will take some pics and post.

Derno24

#3 Post by Derno24 »

Another trick would be to look at ATK's website for the exploded diagram of the bearing placement.

cannondale27

Swingarm bearings

#4 Post by cannondale27 »

This is the setup for one side put in exactly as shown.

JST

#5 Post by JST »

I have the all balls kit and do not have the spacer second from the right,what now?sad.gif

cannondale27

#6 Post by cannondale27 »

I was told they use a Teflon coated washer instead of the thrust washer also.I never saw one of those kits but supposedly EVERTHING is in the kit including the spacers.

gnccblaze440

#7 Post by gnccblaze440 »

my kit didn't have the washer either :mad:

cannondale27

#8 Post by cannondale27 »

Did you reuse your old one?Seal wouldnt work without it but maybe All Balls has a different thickness of other ones.If any parts are missing it will wreak the swingarm real fast from hitting sides of frame.

cdalerider75

#9 Post by cdalerider75 »

my swingarm has a needle bearing between two washers... is this correct?

wistech

#10 Post by wistech »

Yep thats correct.
Heres something you might be interesed in.
You can eliminate 2 parts of the cobbled stock set up if you move the small inner spacer to the outside by the thrust washers. Go to a bearing store and get a roller bearing that is the same width as the long spacer with a lip seal built into one end. This will effectly double the surface area of the roller patch . Then install the bearing with the lip seal end towards the inside. Throw the stock inner seal away.

In the pic the needle bearing on the right is an exampleof one with a built in lip seal. The bearing in the center is the stock crappy bearing. The one on the left is a bearing that I use with the lip seal on one end. Way better.