Bleed your brakes!!

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
haydug

Bleed your brakes!!

#1 Post by haydug »

I know that the front brakes are hard to bleed on the dales. I think I have figured out why, and came up with a very easy solution. It seems air likes to travel to the highest places. If you look at the bleeder screws, they are actually not at the highest point on the caliper. Next time look at a Honda caliper and you will notice the difference. The first thing I do is remove the cover on your mastercylinder. Then remove both bolts holding your caliper on the spindle. I take the caliper and move it up, using the top bolt in the bottom hole and start the bolt to hold the caliper in place. This places the bleeder over then incoming line, and at the highest point.

haydug

#2 Post by haydug »

I also insert a screwdriver in between the brake pads, pushing the piston all the way into the caliper. This reduces the amount of fluid required and also reduces any space for air to hide. I then bleed them normally. This technique has worked for me several times with no problems.

Remember, front brakes is what stops you!!

Derno24

#3 Post by Derno24 »

good tip doug!
:clap: :head:

kdeal

#4 Post by kdeal »

Dang, I got to start bleeding my front brakes. I keep wearing out my boots using the Flintstones way of braking.

:eek: :eek:

Good tip Doug.

PS: Does it work on YFZ four fiddys? LOL tongue.gif

Ken

speed2424

Front Brakes

#5 Post by speed2424 »

You mean to tell me these things have front brakes too.:confused:

MI_CDALE_Rider

#6 Post by MI_CDALE_Rider »

So haydug you are rotating the cailper on the top bolt upwards therefore placing the bleeder valve above the fluid line correct?

haydug

#7 Post by haydug »

:confused:

yep.

MI_CDALE_Rider

#8 Post by MI_CDALE_Rider »

Originally posted by haydug
:confused:

yep.

Thanks!

cannondale27

#9 Post by cannondale27 »

Very good tip.I thought my brakes were bled good but this weekend going into some corners much to my suprise they werent!:wow I will be trying your method.

MI_CDALE_Rider

#10 Post by MI_CDALE_Rider »

Any preference or order in which you bleed them? left/right side etc?