CDale shocks on a Raptor

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
dopeyferree

CDale shocks on a Raptor

#1 Post by dopeyferree »

There is a guy on ebay selling stock Ohlins from a Cdale and he says they will fit on a Raptor. Does anyone know if they will or is he just trying to sell them to anyone?

Happyboy

#2 Post by Happyboy »

I am just trying to sell to anyone. smile.gif

Rear ohlin right?

I am the guy that is selling the shock on ebay. I don't have a raptor to try it on so I called a yammy dealer. I talked to 2 service guys at 2 different stores and they told me there should be no issues with clearance of the rezzy.

If there is any doubt in your mind if something would fit then call a service shop. And heck, I am such a nice guy that I could probobly be talked into taking the shock back if it didn't fit. Of course, I wouldn't be paying shipping.

Happyboy

#3 Post by Happyboy »

PS. If your not talking about the rear ohlin, then I am not the guy. :cool:

The front shocks should work fine for pretty much any quad. The only issue would be the spacers and you can shave them or add washers to fit.

thomez

#4 Post by thomez »

Length matters for the fronts, and a Raptor and a 400EX are not the same to my knowledge :eek:

BUT! The rear should fit fine, I know they are the same length, and people have to put similar remote ressie shocks on Raptors all the time. I sold my old one to a guy with a Raptor and never heard a complaint from him afterwards! :cool:

comander420

#5 Post by comander420 »

actually the fronts go right on, my buddy has a craptor and was looking at some cheap ohlin cannondale takeoffs so I took mine off and he put it on his and it was perfect, the shims were the exact same width that the raptor needs and everything

timbomoose

#6 Post by timbomoose »

Sold a set of speed shocks before to someone with a raptor.He said they bolted right up and rode great.

thomez

#7 Post by thomez »

Sorry about that, looks like the fronts will fit, too! smile.gif

TheJaspMan

#8 Post by TheJaspMan »

Bolting up is one thing. What I would worry about is the ride you will get from them. Unless they are fully adjustable they were probably setup for diffrent angles on the arms. Diffrent weight quads and who knows what else.

For example: If the shock is too stiff and then angle too straight you would probably jar your teeth out. On the other hand, if the shock were to be setup for a straight armed quad and you laid them out longer they may not provide correct responses and either blow out, wear out or simply break.

It's kinda the same theory as running stock shocks for a long time with +2 arms. It will work, but for how long? And how safe?

Just my .02$

Canniboomer

#9 Post by Canniboomer »

...a fella in Lakeside, AZ went the reverse direction, and put Raptor TCS shocks on his Speed... said they bolted up fine ??