Ride Height

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
MrSlithers

Ride Height

#1 Post by MrSlithers »

Is there a way to lower the ride height on my rear Fox shock and front SR Ohlins? I'd like to lower it an inch or so for XC and even more for TT.

MrSlithers

#2 Post by MrSlithers »

This should be in steering and suspension....ohmy.gif .

Cdale_racer_669

#3 Post by Cdale_racer_669 »

for TT, seeing how u dont need very much suspension, u culd make the preload as low as it wuld go to let it sag a lil bit.

Exodus

#4 Post by Exodus »

Theres plenty of ways to lower the bike, but none that I know that hasnt been mentioned thats free. Probably the best way is to get an SSD conversion from Haydug or Jeff, that would lower the quad a good inch, maybe a bit more. The other option is to find a shock thats slightly shorter than the stock shock you have on your bike. I use an extra pair of works shocks for my wifes blaster on mine when I need to get her nice and low. Works really well, but its not something I would even attempt to jump. That would be a cheap option to look at for the front is a pair of stock blaster shocks for TT. I see them sell for 20 bucks a pair a good share of the time. The other option is a lowering kit, I'm not to sure anyone makes one for a Cannondale, but a 400ex kit may work. You'll have to ask around to find out for sure. As for the rear, I think I would look at the same options, the blaster shock is the same length, but I know theres other shocks out there thats shorter. Hope that gives you some ideas.

fx400

#5 Post by fx400 »

a 400ex lowering kit wont work. i bought a set to try, sold them to a ex owner after i copied the idea for the dale. i have a set around here somewhere that i dont use anymore. if someone wants them i could dig them up, not exactly sure where they are now but i know i got them.

fx400

#6 Post by fx400 »

1 more

wanablaze

#7 Post by wanablaze »

Originally posted by MrSlithers
This should be in steering and suspension....ohmy.gif .

Done...

MrSlithers

#8 Post by MrSlithers »

How much would you want for em?

Thanks for movin it too:) .

fx400

#9 Post by fx400 »

well so far I have found some of the parts. I know where 2 more of the pieces are, but I would have to make 2 spacers that go over the bolts and inside of the top shock eye to take up the slop because with this setup I didn't use the stock tophat shock spacers. When I sold the ohlins to a 400ex owner I also gave him those spacers that I made so he could bolt up the ohlins to his 400ex. so I know for sure I would have to make 2 of those.

MrSlithers make a reasonable offer and I will turn out some spacers for them and send them on the way. I can't remember how much the ex kits cost.

MrSlithers

#10 Post by MrSlithers »

I wouldn't know where ti begin... so $15?