+1 LT Setup?

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
CptHook

+1 LT Setup?

#1 Post by CptHook »

How are you guys getting down to a +1 LT setup? the LT package that Im getting from doug is +3 and I cant get any shorter than that , or at least thats what I understood him to say. I can get down to a +2 with a 4+1 offset, but I dont see how it is possible to get to a +1 setup since they dont make a 5+0 offset :rolleyes:Is it possible just that this package only offers a +3? Are there such things as +2 LT packages, or are u guys doing something I dont know about?

Derno24

#2 Post by Derno24 »

Houser actually makes +1 a-arms that are long travel. Jaybr has them!smile.gif

NRath

#3 Post by NRath »

Originally posted by Derno24
Houser actually makes +1 a-arms that are long travel.  Jaybr has them!smile.gif

And he got them from Haydug. We had to do a group buy to get Houser to make them.

haydug

#4 Post by haydug »

I have a +1 LT setup as well, but, not sure I can talk houser into making any more, I would probably have to order 5-10 sets again, and I can't afford to park them on my shelf.

dunnbandit1

#5 Post by dunnbandit1 »

ATK has a +1 A-arm listed that usees an 18 3/4 shock
part# is 6002503 $699.95

CptHook

#6 Post by CptHook »

So mainly what Im gathering is that it is an availability issue? I dont mind the +2 setup, it will be perfect for the trails I ride on, but will I be able to race XC legally because of width regulations, is +2 too big?

Derno24

#7 Post by Derno24 »

Correct me if I am wrong, but there is no width limit in xc. It basically comes down to what you feel comfortable running down the trails with.

CptHook

#8 Post by CptHook »

Really? If thats the case, I have no problem with +2, I just dont want to get to a race and have them tell me that I cant race because my quad is too wide. I could have sworn that Ive heard people before on here talking about making certain width limits to race in certain classes and such. I dont know maybe it was just personal preference and I misunderstood.

theJeStEr1340

#9 Post by theJeStEr1340 »

Originally posted by CptHook
Really? If thats the case, I have no problem with +2, I just dont want to get to a race and have them tell me that I cant race because my quad is too wide. I could have sworn that Ive heard people before on here talking about making certain width limits to race in certain classes and such. I dont know maybe it was just personal preference and I misunderstood.

I dunno some of those GNCC trails are pretty tight.

Derno24

#10 Post by Derno24 »

I would still keep an eye on width as you will be banging off of trees alot more the wider you are!