03' A-Arms vs. 02's

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
speed_demon

03' A-Arms vs. 02's

#1 Post by speed_demon »

I have the stock set of a-arms off of my 03' Speed & need to replace the tie rods on my 02' Blaze. Was wondering if I should just swap out the arms while I'm at it. I thought I once heard that the 03' arms were a little beefier. The 03's are the rounded ones and 02's are the angled ones. Any input, as always, is appreciated!biggrin.gif

wistech

#2 Post by wistech »

The 03 arms look cheap and weak to me. The ball joint mount is sad. I think they interfere with offset wheels to.

jacobw

#3 Post by jacobw »

the angular ones are the 03 style and the rounded end are the 02 style and supposedly the 03 angular style are suppose to be stronger.

speed_demon

#4 Post by speed_demon »

That's funny because the angular ones are on my 02' blaze and the rounded ones are on my 03' Speed. Thanks guys!

jacobw

#5 Post by jacobw »

I am not for sure I didnt know. I had the same question a while back so I called Brad@Blackwidow I figured he would know and he told me the angular ones are the updated style and the rounded end ones are the older style. He said cannondale made the switch because the angular ones were stronger and easier to build. So unless I got it all wrong which I may have.

jacobw

#6 Post by jacobw »

Brad chime it if I got it all wrong. My brother and I have both 03 cannibals and he has the angular style arms and I have the rounded style arms. He has the old style headlight covers and I have the updated headlight covers so seems to me cannondale used what they had.

wistech

#7 Post by wistech »

How would you know which one is stronger. Anyoner ever bent one of either design?

timbomoose

#8 Post by timbomoose »

The anged ones are the 03 and the rounded are 02.My buddy also got his 03 with 02 arms,but his was put together by the liquidators after c'dale closed.Have both set on my quads and both seem good.

RetroZ

#9 Post by RetroZ »

The V-shaped ones were supposed to have been designed/made by Arens. Don't know if there is any truth to that. I prefer the V-shaped. The only drawback is if you run 4/1 offset you have to grind the collar by the ball joints.

TheJaspMan

#10 Post by TheJaspMan »

Originally posted by wistech
How would you know which one is stronger. Anyoner ever bent one of either design?

Not yet. But I thought I did this weekend. Instead I bent my wrist! :eek: :cry: