ohlins front shocks for moto

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
moto440

ohlins front shocks for moto

#1 Post by moto440 »

just wondering the specs on the shocks that are SUPPOSED to be on my moto!! when i got it the guy kept the ohlins and put the arvins shocks on my moto, still got the ohlin rear but i am looking to get some better shocks for the front or maybe buy the original ohlins units for it

thomez

#2 Post by thomez »

Are you sure it is actually a Moto?

Moto a-arms with arvins shocks = :confused:

It must sit about 3 inches off the ground, right? :hammer:

moto440

#3 Post by moto440 »

no it sits about normal height, it has the wave rotors and braided lines and the plastic says its a moto, i got in on trade for some work i did, and i am learning about dales now so i dont know, i know it was raced as it had number plates and stuff that came with it, and it has nerf bars on it that are stock , the guy said it was a moto and for the money he couldnt pay me the thing was a deal even if its only worth 3000. but i dont know the difference, the a arms are big and beefy though and have some kind of adjust ment or something where the ball jiont goes onto the arm

cannondale27

#4 Post by cannondale27 »

Could be that whoever had it TT raced it and put the Cannibal shock on to lower it.Wont work for anything other than TT racing and even then not the best setup.

CannondaleRider

#5 Post by CannondaleRider »

Is the tubing for the A-Arms normal size(circumference) or a pretty big size

theJeStEr1340

#6 Post by theJeStEr1340 »

if you can't get pictures get the vin# of the frame and motor (by the rear shock mount). Then someone can look it up fo ryou. Welcome to the wonderful world of Dales!

moto440

#7 Post by moto440 »

the arms look beefy, definitely bigger than my 400exs were, i will try to get a pic of it, also where do you look it up by number to see what it is?? the number isnt on the frame since it has been polished in the front but i believe its on the bill of sale i got with the quad but i would have to search for that!!

it also has the fmf ti exhaust on it too, and he said it was a moto and he paid like 14k or so for it new, and i didnt know and he had no reason to lie so i believe him i really just want to upgrade the shocks, i havent even ridden the quad yet!! just got it running the other day and it runs crappy think the gas is bad it sat for like 6 months or so , now the tanks off and drained

moto440

#8 Post by moto440 »

ok i took a couple measurements last night the estimated eye to eye length of the shocks on the quad are around 19" to 19.5" also the shocks have a ryde fx sticker on the body under the spring they also say arvins, dont know if that means anything or not, the outside to outside of the tires is around 46 to 46.5 inches so that tells me it doesnt have the moto arms on it since the moto is supposed to be 50" inches wide,

also i took a couple pics but this site says they are to big so if anyone wants to see them pm me and i can email them to you, they are of the a arms and shocks.

kdeal

#9 Post by kdeal »

Originally posted by moto440
ok i took a couple measurements last night the estimated eye to eye length of the shocks on the quad are around 19" to 19.5"  also the shocks have a ryde fx sticker on the body under the spring they also say arvins, dont know if that means anything or not,  the outside to outside of the tires is around 46 to 46.5 inches so that tells me it doesnt have the moto arms on it since the moto is supposed to be 50" inches wide,

also i took a couple pics but this site says they are to big so if anyone wants to see them pm me and i can email them to you, they are of the a arms and shocks.

The shocks sound like long travel shocks, as the regular ones are 16" - 16.5" eye to eye. The overall width sounds too short. What you may have are aftermarket narrower A-Arms with long travel shocks. I have seen +1" long travel A-Arms, and if he has changed the front wheels the offset can be plus or minus an inch on each side.

moto440

#10 Post by moto440 »

pictures sent

the front rims appear stock rolled edge black, but who knows. the shocks are long, though longer than my 400ex's shocks but thats the only reference i have

so if the shocks i have seem to be long travel arvins/ ryde fx shocks then, so it looks like only long travel shocks will fit my arms then right? i ask since i want to upgrade the shocks, and the speed ohlins wont fir it either right?