shocks

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
moto440

shocks

#1 Post by moto440 »

ok a new question about shocks. is it worthwhile to upgrade from the arvins to the speed shocks, ohlins, or would it be better to get some works or some other kind of shocks??

jacobw

#2 Post by jacobw »

depends on what you do if you do any racing go with some tcs or elkas fronts of you are a trail rider the speed ohlins fronts will do.

cannondale27

#3 Post by cannondale27 »

In my opinion the valving and spring rate of the stock Ohlins on a stock quad is not very good.Elkas or even Works improves the ride for trail riding hugely.The Blaze Ohlins are great though.I have also heard good things about the Glamis Ohlins since they are valved differently than Cannibal.You could change the springs and revalve the stock Ohlins for a nice trailride.

cannondale27

#4 Post by cannondale27 »

Has anyone ever tried the Arvin springs on the Ohlins?When I was running stockers I got a softer spring and increased the compression damping.I bet the Arvin springs would be the ticket.

Cdale_racer_669

#5 Post by Cdale_racer_669 »

i had arvins, now i got Works and they are a whole lot better. i found them used for cheap.

jesshamner

#6 Post by jesshamner »

I upgraded to the glamis ohlins from the arvins. It was worlds of difference. They were nice and soft for xc racing and trail riding. Still nowhere close to elka, tcs, ..etc.

kdeal

Re: shocks

#7 Post by kdeal »

Originally posted by moto440
ok a new question about shocks.  is it worthwhile to upgrade from the arvins to the speed shocks, ohlins,  or would it be better to get some works or some other kind of shocks??

Moto: You should have left this all in one thread. You state you have 19" to 19.5" shocks, the other shocks will not work. Not unless you want to flat track, as your front-end will be only a few inches off the ground. All other Cannondale shocks are 16"-16.5" long.

moto440

#8 Post by moto440 »

sorry about the two threads, but is it normal that the shocks are that long since they are arvins/ ryde fx, i thought they were only 16" too did i measure wrong i tried to get the eye to eye measurement and the shocks are on the quad still so they are slightly compressed

Happyboy

#9 Post by Happyboy »

Please take a picture of the front end for us to take a look at....

moto440

#10 Post by moto440 »

i just sent the pics to ******