Cannibal Front Shocks question

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
MI_CDALE_Rider

Cannibal Front Shocks question

#1 Post by MI_CDALE_Rider »

I have a 2003 Cannibal with what I think are Ohlins (Yellow coil spring, black shock) and the rubber bushings where the mounting bolt goes thru on the end of the shock is toast I assume, because I can move the a arm and watch the end of the shock move. The mounting bolts are tight, and I left the shocks intact when I should have removed them to inspect the bushings and the quad is 3 hours away.

Question.. I assume there are rubber bushings in the ends of the shock, can these be replaced and if so where would i find replacememnts.

If I have to replace the shocks what would you guys suggest for a hare scramble racer?

Thanks!
Ken
smile.gif

jesshamner

#2 Post by jesshamner »

You have arvins and they are junk. Replace the shocks. If you are on a budget, try to find some glamis ohlins. They are the same as the speed ohlins but a lot softer. I could tell a huge difference between the glamis and the ohlins.

Mjollnir

#3 Post by Mjollnir »

If they are the updated Arvins, they aren't so bad for a Novice class rider. Jess is a very fast rider who is used to LT, so while they might suck for him, many, including myself, were happy with them. They aren't bad for stock shocks.

If you'd like a like-new set of the updated arvins, I have a set that I would part with for cheap. I upgraded to Glamis Ohlins because I found a great deal.

No offense, Jess. biggrin.gif

Marc

p.s. I'm not saying they don't suck because I want to sell them. Honestly, I could care less. These guys will vouch for me. I hope. :confused:

jesshamner

#4 Post by jesshamner »

I'm not used to LT at all. The only LT quad I have been on for any period of time was Jay's at Glamis. I had arvins on mine until recently and now I have the Glamis ohlins. Before the cdale I rode a stock 400ex. A lot of people will disagree with me on this but I'll say it anyway. I liked the stock 400ex shocks better than the arvins and the fox rear. They just worked better for me.

Mjollnir

#5 Post by Mjollnir »

Oops, my bad! You're still pretty **** fast though.

Marc

MI_CDALE_Rider

#6 Post by MI_CDALE_Rider »

I found a picture of a cdale with shocks the same as mine.
Just to reconfirm they are or are not Arvins?

Thanks for the help guys!

Ken :clap:

cdrookie

#7 Post by cdrookie »

Originally posted by jesshamner
You have arvins and they are junk.  

huh?:confused: are you forgetting where you came from? mr. bigshot ohlins!rolleyes.gif :w:

theJeStEr1340

#8 Post by theJeStEr1340 »

Find someone selling soem used Elka's for a 400ex. Many people say you can't do this because the EX has more travel, but I havn't had any problems and I am on a tight budget.

jesshamner

#9 Post by jesshamner »

Originally posted by cdrookie
huh?:confused: are you forgetting where you came from? mr. bigshot ohlins!rolleyes.gif :w:

At least I still have a cannondale.tongue.gif

MI_CDALE_Rider

#10 Post by MI_CDALE_Rider »

Thank you everyone !