lsr axle and stock sprocket hub

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
Happyboy

lsr axle and stock sprocket hub

#1 Post by Happyboy »

I know this was discussed a little bit but does this combo work? I just put a stock hub on by hand, and there is back and forth play on it. I figured I would have to press that sucker on there.

And by common sense it would seem if there is play then it will strip.

jfarrar

#2 Post by jfarrar »

i have a lonestar with a stock hub.it slid on by hand but i put it on with some loctite sleeve/bearing retainer crap and that pig dont budge.i havent had any extended period of time on it but it has been through a few motos(its a spare).i let delaware 152 run it once too no probs.i since took my loestar hb off my other akle and loctited it to and it asnt loosened

Happyboy

#3 Post by Happyboy »

what do you mean by....some loctite sleeve/bearing retainer crap...?

Derno24

#4 Post by Derno24 »

Yeah Farrar spill it!

jfarrar

#5 Post by jfarrar »

ill look when i go out in the garage and see if i still have the tube.it is made by loctite and it is sleeve/bearing retainer.ill see if i can find the tube with the exact info.it is made to put on shafts and around bearings to fill any loose fits.its kinda of a pain to keep in there till it sets up.i put the axle on end put the stuff all over both surfaces and put together but it will want to run straight through.on the first axle i put a bead of silicone around the one side of the hub to prevent any fron going through.the second one i threw outside in about 40 degree weather and it thickened up to where it wouldnt run through but took a while to cure.lol.

Happyboy

#6 Post by Happyboy »

you talking about this?

Retaining Compound 635 High Strength/Slow Cure

A high viscosity, high strength retaining compound with slow cure speed to permit readjustment of parts during assembly.

Typical Applications
Gears, pulleys, fans, collars, rotors, sprockets, cams and flywheels to shafts

or

680 Retaining Compound High Strength/High Viscosity

A retaining compound for joining fitted cylindrical parts. Fixtures in 10 minutes and provides a shear strength of 4,000 psi on steel after 24 hours. Fills diametral gap distances up to 0.015".

Typical Applications
Gears, wheels, pulleys, cams, collars, flywheels, sprockets, and rotor to shafts.

Derno24

#7 Post by Derno24 »

What he said!

jfarrar

#8 Post by jfarrar »

im thinking it is the 680.i havent made it to the garage yet im babysitting.:eek:

jfarrar

#9 Post by jfarrar »

found the tube i used on my last hub.it is loctite 640 sleeve retainer