Can Ohlins be rebuilt/revalved

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
coolhuh

Can Ohlins be rebuilt/revalved

#1 Post by coolhuh »

If I buy a set of Ohlins to replace my Arvins can they be revalved to make them softer for dune riding or should I be looking for aftermarket?
What other quads will the Cannondale Ohlins rear shock fit?
Thanks

cdrookie

#2 Post by cdrookie »

yep they can be rebuilt or revalved, call Jeff at The Quad Shop!

cannondale27

#3 Post by cannondale27 »

Are the Glamis springs the same part number?In revalving the stockers I have always had to go with stiffer valving and softer spings.If anyone would be willing I will take apart a set of Glamis shocks note the valving in them and recharge and fresh oil for free.

cdalerider75

#4 Post by cdalerider75 »

Originally posted by cannondale27
Are the Glamis springs the same part number?In revalving the stockers I have always had to go with stiffer valving and softer spings.If anyone would be willing I will take apart a set of Glamis shocks note the valving in them and recharge and fresh oil for free.

Has anyone else tried to revlave themselfs... is it really that hard?

cannondale27

#5 Post by cannondale27 »

Only thing different on the valving of fronts compared to most shocks is that they use some shims that are triangular in shape with bleed passages cut into them.

Rear has the extra PDS valve in it.It is a extra valve and shim stack mounted about a inch from the main one which does nothing till the shock is at the end of travel and allows softer main valving without fear of bottoming out.Very unique.

MI_CDALE_Rider

#6 Post by MI_CDALE_Rider »

FYI,

The Quadshop won't work on non rez Ohlin front shocks per Jeff.

:cry:

jacobw

#7 Post by jacobw »

I called him a while back and was going to get mine speed ohlins to a ssd and he said no problem and gave me the price they are a rebuildable shock I am sure he will revalve and/or rebuild them did you tell him it was the speed ohlins front shocks. and tcs can work on them to.

jacobw

#8 Post by jacobw »

there is a few other on here that have speed ohlins converted shocks that jeff@TQS converted. If he didnt work on them he wouldnt do conversions on them either.

MI_CDALE_Rider

#9 Post by MI_CDALE_Rider »

Yes I called Jeff last week and explained exactly what the shocks were and he in no uncertain terms said he doesn't work on Ohlins that don't have the rez already on them and would not add the rez's.

Maybe he was just having a badday or whatever... just wanted to add that.

cannondale27

#10 Post by cannondale27 »

Well I wouldnt know where to start as far as valving goes on the speed shocks as far as a SSD conversion but anything else I can do.Cheap.