Wheel Spacers

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
KRMit

Wheel Spacers

#1 Post by KRMit »

I was thinking about getting some wheel spacers for the rear as opposed to a wider axle. Any ups or downs to this? Also, which bike would I have to order them for?

cdsracer

#2 Post by cdsracer »

I've had the Durablue 2" spacers on the rear of my '02 Cannibal for about a year and a half now. They are extremely light and don't look too bad. They have a lifetime warranty and are fairly inexpensive. Handling is much improved especially in sand. I just broke my second one though, and I'm looking for an axle. My advice is to just go for an axle.

KRMit

#3 Post by KRMit »

Originally posted by cdsracer
I've had the Durablue 2" spacers on the rear of my '02 Cannibal for about a year and a half now. They are extremely light and don't look too bad. They have a lifetime warranty and are fairly inexpensive. Handling is much improved especially in sand. I just broke my second one though, and I'm looking for an axle. My advice is to just go for an axle.

Well, I was looking at the GForce aluminum spacers. I wouldn't think they would break as easy as the others.

acarli3

#4 Post by acarli3 »

I had some wheel spacers on my quad until a I forgot to tighten down the lug nuts after a tire swap and messed a couple of them up. I now have an extended axle. If there is someone else out there that has messed up some spacers and needs some, I think I may have about 5-6 of the 8 needed in the garage. I threw the bad one out already.

CptHook

#5 Post by CptHook »

www.radmfg.com
got my spacers there, have worked out fine for me

are you keeping the stock front width the same?

wistech

#6 Post by wistech »

Ive been using durablue graphite lite easy fits. They were plus 2.5" each so I threw them on the lathe and cut them down to 1.75" to get just the right width. You wont have any axle problems unless you go for huge air . Ask Sandstorm what it takes to bend a stock axle.

acarli3

#7 Post by acarli3 »

One thing about spacers is they have to fit snug up against the hub. Some of the aftermarket spacers are deep enough to do this. This severely weakens the axle at the hub bolts and can snap off if you hit hard enough from a landing or hit a tree or something.

parks9

#8 Post by parks9 »

I have 2 inch wheel spacers on my yfz and they bent my axle! dont get them if u do motocross!

wistech

#9 Post by wistech »

Originally posted by parks9
I have 2 inch wheel spacers on my yfz and they bent my axle! dont get them if u do motocross!

I wouldnt use them on Japanese quads. The stock parts on those are to weak for spacers.

jwheat

#10 Post by jwheat »

Kevin, I had the Durablue spacers on my Dale up until January when I bought the Durablue 2+2 axle. You've seen the jumping I do and I didn't have any problems with them. If you go with wheel spacers, don't go with the type that uses individual spacers on each stud. Go with solid wheel spacers like the Durablue. The stock Cannondale axles are very durable and hard to bend.

P.S. The new map I put in screams!! I'll show you this weekend. :wow