No go

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
chigger81

#21 Post by chigger81 »

It looks to me like I can drop the cradle, throttle body, and exaust and lower the front of it, but I guess if I dont get it then I will drop it.

chigger81

#22 Post by chigger81 »

I dropped it, sure enough, I had it out of time somehow. I put it back right, re-checked all my clearances, and had my dads mechanic friend confirm that it was in time. I put it back together and on the frame. got everything but the plastics back on, made sure I had fuel and spark as I went along. I tried starting it and got one loud pop, then it pretty much sounds like it did before, cranking and cranking but no exploding. I checked the plug and turned it over with the fuel pump unhooked, tried again, nothing. Im lost, any ideas are apreciated.

PS. What is the hole next to the exaust ports for on the motor? Temp?? I havent got anything in mine, but I dont think I did to start with.

Happyboy

#23 Post by Happyboy »

if you can't figure it out make a drive down to good old conway, I can try and help ya out. biggrin.gif

wistech

#24 Post by wistech »

Are you sure both injectors are spraying. Many problems are from bent pins on the injector connectors or wrong plugs on.

twisted

#25 Post by twisted »

That sucks man, did you test your battery, your gona need 12 volts strong to crank it over, make sure all your connections are good, gas lines, stuff like that.

chigger81

#26 Post by chigger81 »

I have not watched the injectors spraying since I put the motor back on this time around, but I may check that in the morning. They were spraying fine then, and they have not been taken out of the fuel line. The pump is pumping the excess back into the tank. Everything is pluged up that I know of, exept for the empty hole beside the exaust ports, is this emtpy on everyone elses' too?

wistech

#27 Post by wistech »

This might be a long shot but is your flywheel key still in the groove and still lined up with the c on cannondale.

azcannon

pop is good news

#28 Post by azcannon »

I have heard that pop many times on motors that were getting first start after rebuild. My way is vary the throttle I also turn on the d and m and set the throttle position somewhere between 5.5 and 6 percent for a cold motor , I know you have the 500 so try holding the throttle in different positions. I have had injectors get stuck after sitting with gas in them they use a very small coil try tapping on them individually while cranking with the butt of a screwdriver to help them get unstuck.also your spark should be blue if its light yellow or white thsat is a problem. I have heard the pop many times - not scary at all just means some fuel caught some fire. and give it rests , twice I have canked and cranked and nothing and then come out later and fires right up.
Good lucknothing goes in tht hole on my motors

jesshamner

#29 Post by jesshamner »

Did you try swapping out coils with another bike? I know you tested the voltage going to it and said that you got a spark, but try swapping it out with a coil that works for sure.

chigger81

#30 Post by chigger81 »

I found that it was a bad connection to the coil, but if somone had a bad harness, I wouldnt mind splicing a new end onto my harness, if that wont set a sensor off or somthing. biggrin.gif Will a lil starting fluid hurt anything?