Anyone ever use 87 octane?

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
banzairx7

#11 Post by banzairx7 »

For $.15 more per gallon I'll run 93 thank you very much. The chance of blowing my engine is not worth the $15 a year I might save on gas. Running anything less is being penny wise and pound foolish.

Zerotact

#12 Post by Zerotact »

WEll I was in middle of OKlahoma, and all the premium pumps had alcohol in it. I'll jsut make sure I fill up at e the local BP before I leave town. (BP/Amaco has 92 octane, al the other pumps in kansas city, only go up to 91 )

jacobw

#13 Post by jacobw »

Originally posted by Happyboy
Is that why Jeremy beat your on a 450R last race?  :p

Yeah he wishes I will show jeremy how its done! I finally got my suspension tuned and I am ready to rock!:hammer: :drink:

jacobw

#14 Post by jacobw »

our pump are one up to 91 also we cant get 93 octane. The cannibal had lower compression than the moto and blaze so you can run lower octane pump gas and be fine. As long as the engine is not spark knocking higher octane gas is a waste.

banzairx7

#15 Post by banzairx7 »

All engines have the same compression, only mapping and exhaust is different.

It may not ping on you all the time. When you really need to worry about it is in tight trail riding or hill climbing. Low rpm's and high loads will make it knock for sure.

jacobw

#16 Post by jacobw »

the 03 cannibals have lower compression than blaze and moto i am sure they used a 2 ring piston and the other used a 3 ring wiseco piston like the ones brad oakley is selling. They lowered the compression ratio on them.

Cannibal - 2002 and 2003 - This quad has the MC1000 computer, characterized by 2 connections on the ECU and a sliding left/right stop mechanism. This ECU is tuned with the Diagnostic and Maintenance kit (commonly called D&M Kit). The Cannibal map is the tamest of all of the quad maps and has a rev limit of 10,800RPM. For 2002 and 2003 the compression ratio was lowered on all Cannondale engines to around 11.8:1 . Cannibals came in different plastic colors including red, and silver with blue trim. Cannibals came with different combos of shocks. Fronts could be either Ohlins (yellow springs with a silver background) or Arvins (yellow springs with a black background). Rear shock could be either an Ohlins (gold piggyback reservoir) or a Fox (black remote reservoir). All Cannibals had the thin ITP rims but some had Holeshot tires while others had Trail Wolf tires. The exhaust on the Cannibal is the infamous square "toaster".

cdalerider75

#17 Post by cdalerider75 »

Originally posted by jacobw
the 03 cannibals have lower compression than blaze and moto i am sure they used a 2 ring piston and the other used a 3 ring wiseco piston like the ones brad oakley is selling. They lowered the compression ratio on them.

Cannibal - 2002 and 2003 - This quad has the MC1000 computer, characterized by 2 connections on the ECU and a sliding left/right stop mechanism. This ECU is tuned with the Diagnostic and Maintenance kit (commonly called D&M Kit). The Cannibal map is the tamest of all of the quad maps and has a rev limit of 10,800RPM. For 2002 and 2003 the compression ratio was lowered on all Cannondale engines to around 11.8:1 . Cannibals came in different plastic colors including red, and silver with blue trim. Cannibals came with different combos of shocks. Fronts could be either Ohlins (yellow springs with a silver background) or Arvins (yellow springs with a black background). Rear shock could be either an Ohlins (gold piggyback reservoir) or a Fox (black remote reservoir). All Cannibals had the thin ITP rims but some had Holeshot tires while others had Trail Wolf tires. The exhaust on the Cannibal is the infamous square "toaster".

Know it all:p

j/k!!

r.porter

#18 Post by r.porter »

Jacobw you might want to do a bit more research to your facts. There are some mistakes in your statements. And remember you should not use never or always when your talking about Cannondales.wink.gif

jacobw

#19 Post by jacobw »

Originally posted by r.porter
Jacobw you might want to do a bit more research to your facts.  There are some mistakes in your statements. And remember you should not use never or always when your talking about Cannondales.wink.gif

In which statement did I use never or always?? Dang I got lost somewhere. I was just saying with the lower compression engines burning high octane fuel is a waste is dosent do anything for the motor besides maybe make it run a wee bit cooler. I have ran 89 octane in my cannibal for about 1 1/2 years now with no ill effects, has almost 2 hard race season on it. I am sure higher octane fuel would do it better.I just took my brothers motor apart a while back he ran the same octane fuel and the head was clean no deposits on it. If you are running over 12:1 compression yeah you might want to think about it but the compession on the cannibal models is not that high.