Stalling Problem

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
BGood

Stalling Problem

#1 Post by BGood »

OK guys want to see if any of you can help me out im stumped on this one..
i have an 02 speed with very low hours on it and today i got it out to race a mx race.
it has sat all winter so yesterday i changed all the fluids,new fuel filter ,clean air filter,new spark plug, all the general maintenance.
well it ran fine yesterday but today i unloaded it and it fired up as soon as i hit the start button,but as soon as i give it any throttle at all it dies,no backfire or anything just dead..i can start it right back up and it will idle all day long perfect but as soon as i hit the throttle it dies every time..
i have know idea what it could be,fuel pump??
any help would be greatly appreciated..

Oh and the worst part of the day was all the smartbutt c-dale bashers making fun of me and my dale..please help so i can go back next week and roost all over them all..lol

BGood

#2 Post by BGood »

I already moved the idle up and back down trying that at the track yesterday, but it didn't help any at all..
it doesn't die as soon as i hit the throttle but at about quarter throttle every time,almost like it reaches a certain rpm then it shuts completely down...i don't have a clue.

Derno24

#3 Post by Derno24 »

One suggestion if you have already done all of the other things is it running too rich? Does it sound like you are drowning the motor? My atv fuel pressure rised from what it is supposed to be (40-42 psi) to 45psi. This caused a rich fuel condition. The solution was to bump the Injector Offset down and then the throttle came back. My quad had alot of the same symptoms that you are describing.

I am not saying this is your problem just something you might want to look at.

BGood

#4 Post by BGood »

Thanks guys for the help.
i couldn't figure it out so i loaded it up and took it to Kyle at R&S Performance and he got me going again.well worth the 2 hour drive each way to have someone that knows what they are doing fix it right.
anyway it was a faulty Throttle Position Sensor, got the quad back yesterday and it runs great now.